- Edmonton, AB
- Seeking professionals with project management experience in the construction (or related) industry
- Direct experience in consulting or landscape architecture preferred, or, strong interest in transitioning your career path toward landscape architecture
You are passionate about place and place-making - to the point where you have had an active role in creating spaces that are impactful for everyone to participate in. You recognize that at a time where no one can travel beyond their own backyard, our present immediate spaces are vital.
Our client EDA recognizes this as well. EDA is an award-winning Edmonton based firm that designs spaces with a respect for the land and the people who use it. They have spent more than 35 years helping private and public sector clients develop innovative, technically sound, and environmentally responsible projects.
EDA is intentional in investing in their employees, and in the process have completed a wide range of projects including corridors, neighborhood renewals, regional trails, parks, streetscapes, plazas, and custom design work. Some noteworthy active projects include the Jasper Avenue New Vision, the Strathcona neighborhood renewal, Heritage Valley District Park, and the Royal Tyrrell Museum Entry Plaza.
To learn more about EDA, you can check out their website here: www.edadesign.ca.
On behalf of our client EDA, we are looking for an intermediate to senior Project Manager to be a part of and work collaboratively within their Edmonton based landscape architecture team to manage and deliver impactful projects from concept design through to implementation.
What you will be doing…
- Preparing presentation materials.
- Author proposals, reports, and technical documents.
- Collaborate with the team to prepare working drawings.
- Preparation of technical specifications and tender packages.
- Complete cost estimates.
- Assist clients with the tendering process.
- Provide contract administration services.
What you will need to succeed…
- Project management experience with ability to lead projects end to end
- Experience working with clients and municipalities.
- A strong understanding of construction, materials, and implementation practices.
- A high proficiency with contract administration.
- A high aptitude and acumen for design in a diverse range of projects.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft, and Google Docs is required.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- A natural tendency to self-motivate and take initiative.
- The ability to work independently, as well as within a team.
- Interest in establishing a path toward becoming a member of the AALA
Nice to Haves
- Direct experience in consulting or landscape architecture
- Membership with the AALA or a component association within the CSLA.
- Demonstrated project experience with Revit is considered an asset.
- Proficiency with Sketchup, Lumion, Land F/X.
- GIS education and training, and software experience with QGIS is considered an asset.
- Working knowledge of inspections and application processes with the City of Edmonton and surrounding municipalities is considered an asset.
- 10 or more years of consulting experience is considered an asset.
Other helpful information…
EDA is committed to the long term. As a result, they provide employees with holistic, sustainable salaries so that you can focus on making an impact. Team members enjoy a work-life balance with flexible hours, competitive benefit package, a stable family-like work environment, support for continuing education opportunities, an annual bonus and profit share. Salaries and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Remote work is possible throughout the pandemic, but team members will be expected to connect with their team in the office in Edmonton once the pandemic is over.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.