Hiring Manager: Director Talent Acquisition, Canadian Banking
Location Address: 44 King Street W, 13th Floor WFH
Contract Duration: 5/17 - 6 months
Number of Positions: 2
Schedule Hours: 9 AM – 5 PM
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Global Talent Acquisition – oversees all acquisitions which include different divisions that take care of onboarding/hiring activities and referencing. Business group is purely responsible for all global acquisition’s activities.
This team specifically oversees Global Banking Acquisitions.
Project: Increase Recruitment volume to support the Tangerine space – Recruiter will be supporting Corporate Functions Business Lines and Call Center Business line – will have more of a diversity in the talent sourced.
Contributes to the overall success of the Recruitment Delivery team in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Reason for request: Vacancies have increased in the Tangerine space
Candidate Value Proposition: The selected candidate will have the opportunity to make the role their own in a unique way as Tangerine can make a big impact. This role will also provide D&I opportunities as there is brand awareness needed, events that need to be planned.
Typical Day in Role:
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Leads the end-to end recruitment process for branch banking up to L4 including communication with candidates, assessments, offer management and negotiation, and makes hiring decision
• Primarily candidate focused; acts as a point of contact and builds influential candidate relationships during the selection process; may be focused primarily on sourcing
• Partners with Sourcing Specialists and Recruitment Coordinators to drive successful outcomes and acquire the best people
• Sources and attracts candidates through various channels and build a pipeline of candidates for key or high-volume roles
• Interviews, assesses and screens candidates
• Reviews unclear pre-employment screening results and provides recommendations for a hiring decision
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
• 5+ years progressive recruitment experience preferably in a high-volume environment– x-ray searches, innovative in thinking on how they are going to find talent - Headhunter from an agency is a +.
• Experience building diverse candidate pipelines for complex and niche roles and skill sets and demonstrated expertise in behavioural interviewing techniques.
• Excellent Communication Skills – written and verbal
• Bilingual in French
• FI Experience
• Experience with Success Factor or any ATM
Soft Skills Required:
• Results Driven
• Works well in a team environment
• Prioritization Skills
Degrees: A post-secondary degree or diploma, relevant experience
Candidate Review & Selection:
• 1-2 Step Process: Microsoft Teams Interview
• Hiring Manager’s availability to interview: ASAP
- HM mentioned that she is looking for a SWOT recruiter, someone that can flex across multiple business lines.