- Job no: B3ECQ
- Categories: Information Technology
Our Client who plays a vital role in Alberta's Energy Industry by ensuring public safety and the environment - and contributing to responsible, efficient and safe energy development. Has an immediate need for an Information Security/Cybersecurity Analyst for a six (6) month contract in Calgary, Alberta.
The Cyber Security Contractor - Compliance and Controls provides technical leadership and expertise aimed at evolving the Information Security capability with a focus on defining, implementing, and assessing cyber security controls. This position will also be responsible for assessing, defining frameworks and designing organizational wide controls to meet the Information Security requirements.
- Lead the evolution of cyber security controls framework that minimizes cyber security risks to the and its stakeholders. This includes working with related disciplines to ensure that the cyber security policy and controls framework are compliant with the overall business and information security strategy.
- Develop and implement standardized practices and processes for effective compliance & controls management. This includes defining, assessing, and implementing suitable controls, and identifying, evaluating, and remediating compliance issues. Build strong working partnership with internal and external auditors and coordinate audit responses.
- Participate in the periodic evaluation of security controls to assure their effectiveness (e.g., internal/external penetration testing, manual control assessment, breach, and attack simulation exercises, etc.). In addition, coordinate the development of action plans for deficiencies or gaps identified during risk.
- Assessments, audits, vulnerability assessment, control testing, etc., and follow up on their implementation with various internal stakeholders.
- Manage and plan the development and delivery of information security training and awareness program including change management related to policy and training development.
Key Deliverables (NEW!!!)
- This will be a key measurable statistic at random times for Vendor Management’s Value for Dollar on a quarterly or semi-annual basis.
- Closure of cyber security findings
- Acceptance of all deliverables related to the project
How this person contributes in the master plan - (NEW!!!)
- Cybersecurity Contractor – compliance and controls to provide SME support to the Senior Specialist and develop and assess cybersecurity controls.
- Setting deliverable goals and managing extended IMT peers independently to meet deliverables.
- Working in teams and understanding the roles of each person on the project team and managing expectations
- Expert level knowledge of Cyber security and IT Governance frameworks/standards (ISO 27001, NIST, COBIT, ITIL
- 10+ years of experience in a variety of IT roles with a minimum of 8+ years of experience in cybersecurity audit and controls assessment & development.
- 7+ years of relevant experience demonstrating progressive skill development and responsibility in cyber security and IT governance.
- 5 years’ experience in at least 3 of the following domains:
- Security Architecture; Security Testing & Assessment
- Security risk management.
- Threat assessments; Information governance; IT Risk & Compliance Management
- Demonstrable knowledge of Cyber security policies and standards implementation
- Blue Sky Thinking
- Stays current on IT security trends and news
- Proven self-starter with the ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities under operational and incident pressure.
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated, with special attention to detail and technical accuracy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong Communication skills
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 22 Apr 2021, 9:45 PM