- 12-month contract with high chance of extension
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent training and mentorship program
- Opportunities for Professional Development
We at Ian Martin are hiring for our client—one of the top three producers of oil and gas in Canada. They’re a large, successful, and growing company that offers plenty of opportunities to advance your career.
In fact, they’ve recently made a series of internal promotions that have left gaps in their core procurement team.
If you’re looking to advance your career with an industry leader, this is your chance.
Apply now...for later
Our client’s hiring is cyclical based on the company’s needs. Given the combination of recent growth and a series of internal promotions, they are anticipating significant hiring needs in the coming months.
They hire Procurement Administrators regularly, and when you apply through this post, you’ll be put in consideration for the next available role. While that might not be tomorrow, you can be sure that we will reach out to you just as soon as the next position opens up.
In this fast-paced role, you’ll work closely with our internal procurement team and suppliers to ensure a smooth, effective process.
The main purpose of this role is to provide purchase requisition, purchase order life cycle management and supplier support for client Business Units.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Create purchase requisitions from defined requirements in support of Business Unit activities as required
- Monitor approval of requisitions and complete requisition changes
- Create and approve purchase orders in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy
- Manage purchase order lifecycle which includes monitoring, investigation and timely resolution of purchase order, receiving and invoicing queries and discrepancies
- Work collaboratively with all Supply Chain Management Teams and Business Unit customers
- Manage large volumes of purchase order confirmations, follow-up requests for confirmations and escalations to Supply Chain Management team members for further follow-up
- Identify problems and suggest opportunities for improvement to Team Lead
This is a full-time, 12-month contract position with hours from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. You’ll receive a competitive wage, commensurate with your experience.
When you start working with our client, the first thing you’ll notice is their strong employee focus. Whether through their excellent training programs, or their commitment to internal promotion, their employee focus is clear.
- Degree/diploma in a relevant field
- 3+ years’ experience in procurement
- 1-5 years’ experience in field related business
- Enterprise experience in SAP MM
Applying with Ian Martin
Ian Martin is an established IT and engineering hiring firm with over 60 years’ experience connecting talented candidates with meaningful work. When you apply, you’ll get more than just a chance at a great job—you’ll become part of a vast network of engineering and tech employers that are always changing.
We strive to build teams that reflect the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.