Our oil and gas client in North York, ON is looking to hire a Instructional Designer for a 12 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
• Collaborate with Functional Change Specialists, and Business Unit Change Consultants to conduct the training needs analysis and define training needs in stakeholder groups
• Work to understand and leverage existing training structures, establishes a strong partnership with existing learning teams (ideal if a member of existing learning teams).
• Work with OCM counterparts and Project Functional Technical team to design curriculum for cross-functional training and Function specific training.
• Support training development within the Function and work with Training Team and Logistics Coordinator to support training delivery.
• Support ongoing project team training / capability development.
• Conduct train-the-trainer sessions with business unit trainers and define training needs to support in post-go-live
• Conduct knowledge transfer and transition activities in Functions and client's learning organization to support sustainment approach.
What you will need to succeed…
• *** Candidate must have knowledge and/or experience with designing and developing Oracle systems (ERP) training, particularly in the Finance area ***
• A minimum of five years’ experience in training needs analysis, designing, developing and evaluating curriculum, learning activities and resources for WBT/CBT, instructor-led classroom training and on-the-job practice activities
• A minimum of two years’ experience in delivering training, both in a classroom setting and virtually
• Post-secondary degree or Diploma in Adult Education, Instructional Design, Information and Learning Technologies or related field or equivalent experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of current adult learning theories, principles, program design strategies, technologies, trends and best practices applicable to both online and instructor-led learning programs
• Familiarity with various learning delivery models including online, blended, and classroom; knowledge of the theories and practices of e-learning and the implementation of synchronous learning environments
• Experience with Learning Management Systems; familiarity with virtual classroom and with multimedia and web design technologies
• Ability to analyze training needs, design learning objectives, determine ideal delivery method
• Designing and writing course materials, activities and exercises, assessments, job aides
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills to communicate with a broad range of audiences one-on-one and in a group setting, make presentations and write clear, concise learning materials geared for the target audience
• Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with Training Leads, OCM counterparts, Functional Change Management Specialists, Business Unit Change Consultants, Training Logistics Coordinator and other Learning Advisors
• Demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Proven ability of working under pressure in an unstructured environment.
• CTDP or CTP designation, or working towards completion of same
• Knowledge of function business processes, issues and challenges, in Finance
• Knows function leaders and stakeholders, and is able to establish strong relationships
• Experience in assessment and measurement of training needs specific to changes in business processes and systems
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.