- Saint John, New Brunswick
- Full-time permanent position
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience, bonus, benefits, relocation assistance
- Opportunity to work on the beautiful East coast, where you can enjoy the ocean at your door, untouched wilderness, pristine beaches, and affordable living – relocation assistance available
- Excellent opportunity with a well-established, stable company with a strong commitment to their employees, the environment, community, and the next generation
Who are you?
You’re an internal auditor, looking for an exciting new opportunity to work with a cross functional team of professionals with one of Canada’s top 100 employers? This may be the perfect role for you.
You’re looking to join a collaborative and professional team, committed to diversity and inclusion along with a safety-first culture. If you’re up for a new and exciting challenge, with a company that can offer you stability, professional development, and a chance to work with like-minded, values-driven individuals, look no further.
Who is the employer?
The Ian Martin Group has partnered with our client, a family-owned company, founded over 90 years ago, with operations throughout Eastern Canada, northeast US and Ireland. They operate bulk furnace oil and propane outlets across Atlantic Canada, New England and Quebec as well as select locations in eastern Ontario, almost all of which is supplied from their refinery in NB. Our client is focused on providing exceptional service and high-quality products to their customers and a strong commitment to their employees, the environment, community, and the next generation.
What you’ll be doing
As an Internal Auditor with internal audit team, you will be responsible to perform work in line with Internal Audit industry leading practices. This role will report to the Manager of Internal Audit and will work with a cross functional team of professionals to perform internal control identification and testing, risk identification and process improvements.
Practically speaking you will:
- Project planning – Prepare or contribute to the development of the audit work program or specific audit test procedures
- Project execution – Complete tasks and execute the audit work program as assigned to meet the objectives, scope and timing of an engagement. Ensure the audit work conforms with professional audit standards and is delivered within quality, time and budget parameters. Execute multiple engagements and/or tasks concurrently to ensure timely completion
- Analysis and Evaluation – Utilize data analytics, benchmarks, internal and external criteria to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the area/activity under review. Apply critical thinking in assessing and concluding on audit findings
- Documenting audit procedures and results – Ensure that audit planning and working papers conform with the International Professional Practice Framework (IPPF) of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Communication – Prepare or contribute to the development of clear and concise verbal and written reports or updates that articulate to a broad range of stakeholders the benefit of the audit activity or support effective risk management and continuous improvement
- Management Action Plan follow-up – Support the Senior Auditors to monitor timely implementation MAPs across the business
- Lessons Learned - Contribute to lessons learned from audit engagements and share results with team in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Relationship building – Develop relationships with stakeholders throughout the organization to monitor and improve internal controls, processes and drive operating efficiencies.
This is a full-time permanent position based in Saint John, New Brunswick. n addition to a competitive annual salary, you’ll enjoy comprehensive group benefits, performance-based bonus plan, vacation, flexible work program and opportunities for professional development.
- A professional who is detail oriented, ability to multi-task, work independently, organizational skills, ability to take direction and maintain a positive attitude
- Conform with the IIA Code of Ethics and CLIENT's Code of Ethical Conduct
- Self-starter and motivated to add value
- Capable of doing some of their working independently with minimal supervision
- Proven ability in time management
- Analytical thinker who can identify risks, observations and opportunities
- Problem solver - ability to bring forward solutions not just problems
- Consistently produces quality results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Soft skills - conflict management, influence, and persuasion
- Post-secondary education is required and a professional designation as a CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) designation or interest in obtaining it
- Up to 3 years of relevant post-university work experience.
- Experience executing risk, stakeholder and change management activities is a bonus.
- Experience working in Oil & Gas, manufacturing and/ or downstream operation is a bonus.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job board