- Job no: AM8A8
- Categories: Information Technology
Our Client who plays a vital role in Alberta's Energy Industry by ensuring public safety and the environment - and contributing to responsible, efficient and safe energy development. Has an immediate need for a Project Manager – MS Teams for a seven (7) month contract in Calgary, Alberta.
This project is to complete the remaining phases of Microsoft Teams roll-out. MS-Teams has just been deployed in the organization which only includes Chat, Video Conferencing and file sharing features. Requiring the Project Manager to lead and manage the following phase of the project:
- Transition the AER to MS TEAMS including Meeting Rooms and Cloud Voice.
- Modernize AER meeting rooms to support TEAMS.
- Create and maintain project information (plans, scope, budget)
- Facilitate Sign off for key/critical documents.
- Provide updates to project governance, sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Track project KPI’s (Scope, schedule, budget and quality)
- Move inbound\outbound calling and voicemail to TEAMS.
- Decommission Skype
- Provide additional OCM and Training to support the transition and adoption of Teams.
- The Modern Workplace Desktop Project is procuring and deploying new hardware (Laptops and Desktops) through the organization and perform a windows 10 upgrade to 20H2.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating the project team to achieve a high level of performance and quality. The PM will manage their projects following IT delivery methodology and engage/participate with the PM Center of Excellence.
- Project Planning and Management – Lead the project team with Business SME’s to define project deliverables, estimates and schedule; organize and lead project status and SCRUM meetings; prepare and distribute weekly status and issue reports; manage risks, issues, and highlight resource constraints; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning.
- Project Leadership – Support the senior management in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and project governance.
- Team Management – Ensures the core delivery team is working together towards project goals. Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and leading team members.
- Proven track record of working on medium to large projects.
- The ability to manage business outcomes and stakeholder expectations.
- The ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups both technical and business.
- Excellent communication skills, pro-active problem solver and collaborative team player.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Able to work independently to deliver results while also working collaboratively within a technical team to delivery high quality work.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
- Experience with collaboration platforms like M365 and Teams is preferred.
- Experience working with and managing third party vendors to implement enterprise-wide solutions.
- Capable of managing workloads and able to meet deliverables/timelines and raise issues appropriately.
- Open and honest discussions with excellent communication skills.
- Pro-active, self-starter with the ability to manage business outcomes and expectations.
- Deliver good quality deliverables.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Recognized PMP Certification is preferred.
- PROSCI certification would be an asset.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.