Sr. Advisor US Tax Reporting
· Houston, Texas
· Full-time, permanent
· Opportunity to work with a North American industry leader in energy delivery
· Income tax including cross-boarder and international tax experience is a must
Who is the employer?
Our client has been a leader in the delivery of energy across North America, including crude oil, natural gas, and green energy. Operating one of North America’s largest natural gas utility, they take pride in delivering the energy people need to heat their homes, keep their lights on, and stay connected.
Driven to be the strongest player in the industry, they start with their employees: promoting mentorship and professional development and empowering employees to develop their skills, while providing varied and challenging work in a diverse and inclusive work environment. If you’re a committed, high-achieving individual fueled by a desire to make an impact, this role could be for you.
What you’ll be doing
The Sr Advisor, Tax Reporting supports our client US Tax function by performing complex tax planning and research activities, including analyzing federal, international and state income tax legislation (including tax reform legislation) and relevant authorities, and tax modeling related to proposed and existing transactions. Primary focus is on tax planning and research but will also include the integration of the planning and research with the U.S. Income Tax compliance group
Specifically, you will:
- Assists Director with tax planning and research and its application to complex transactions (often in the billions of dollars) proposed for client to support the Company’s significant capital growth program, taking into consideration clients complicated inbound structure, which includes material controlled foreign corporations and complicated cross-border tax issues.
- Responsible for the tracking various tax attributes of clients U.S. entities; including, but not limited to tax basis; earnings and profits roll forwards; loss carryforwards (NOLs and interest), and transfer pricing studies.
- Perform income tax modeling, in connection with the client Long Range Forecast (LRF) including regular tax, BEAT, and GILTI.
- Assist in strategic tax planning and efficient tax structuring to maximize after-tax earnings from domestic, cross-border and international investments, acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, reorganizations, and other large-scale complex corporate transactions being evaluated by Business Development and other commercial teams.
- Provides tax support in respect of clients U.S. pipeline projects, renewable projects, marketing, and financing businesses.
- Assists in 1) monitoring the Clients U.S. tax environment and legislation (including potential US Tax Reform), including determining impacts on clients complex organizational structure (especially the U.S. / Canadian structure) 2) planning tax efficient repatriation strategies and 3) reporting to senior management on potential impacts and recommended reorganizations/actions.
- Supports Tax Reporting in the answering of audit queries.
- Assist in other non-specific tax activities as needed
This is a full-time, permanent position working primarily in our office Houston, Texas, with occasional travel required.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Science or a related field.
- Certified Public Accountant designation and/or graduate degree preferred (MS/MBA with tax specialization or law degree).
- 7 or more years of progressively responsible experience in income tax preferably in the energy industry (including cross-border and international tax experience).
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state income taxes.
- Strong Excel, Word, oral and written communication skills.
- Superior analytical skills.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, you will be sent a link to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards!