- Job no: 55071GEJP00025312
- Categories: Healthcare
We are seeking a Technical Writer who will will be responsible for contributing to customer documentation on the use of a high-tech imaging-based machine for a 12 months project in Issaquah, WA.
Our client is a the company is a manufacturer and distributor of diagnostic imaging agents and radiopharmaceuticals for imaging modalities that are used in medical imaging procedures
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Copy Editor/Proofreader, you will be responsible for contributing to customer documentation on the use of a high-tech imaging-based machine.
- Strong writing skills, namely a command of grammar, syntax, diction, and the conventions and best practices of writing a variety of technical documents.
- Editing customer facing materials on usage of biotech hardware and software equipment with consistent look, feel, language and formatting. Editing will occur in Adobe FrameMaker.
- Follow published re-branding guidelines to update Company name, brand/logo, and fonts in product Operating Instructions, User Manuals/guides, etc.
- Work with Engineering Team and Senior Technical Writer to keep the project tracker organized and prioritized.
- Experience reading technical drawings and dimensioning
- Experience prioritizing multiple tasks
- Computer literacy and ability to quickly learn new tools
- Excellent verbal, reading and writing skills (English)
- Proficient using MS Office Word and PDF tools
- Self-motivated with ability to work with little or no supervision
- Experienced in writing, updating, and improving technical instructions
- Experience with electronic hardware function, software and communication a plus
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE/JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years’ experience writing or editing customer facing or technical documentation – user manuals, application guides, etc. – for equipment and/or software OR Associates/Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing or equivalent field.
- Good Communication Skills including ability to stay organized and transparency on current projects.
- Adobe FrameMaker experience desired but not mandatory.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 13 Jul 2020, 8:53 PM