Our oil and gas client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire a HR coordinator for a 9 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
The role is accountable for the comprehensive administration of HR processes critical to client service delivery. Provide flexible and effective solutions within a dynamic team environment while managing a broad range of daily activities. Utilization of the case management system (Neocase) and entering basic workforce transactions into the HRIS system (Workday) is a key component of the role. Provide support to leaders and employees on variety of HR related activities and/or processes as well as escalated questions from Tier 1 support.
• Responsible for the processing and maintenance of HCM (Human Capital Management) position management requirements in Workday including: position creation and maintenance, employee job and compensation changes and validation of supervisory organization assignments.
• Provide guidance to people leaders and HR Advisory team members with transactional Workday activities and processes.
• Ensures the consistent interpretation and application of HR policies, procedures, and guidelines across the organization.
• Accountable for the creation of salary recommendations and internal employment letters.
• Maintains general knowledge of annual cycle tools and functionality while responding directly to client and escalated MyHR inquiries as needed.
• Prepares, on an ad hoc basis, reports in support of HR Advisory Services day to day support, projects, HR Cycles or initiatives.
• Build effective business relationships with clients, employees and colleagues to deliver value added service.
What you will need to succeed.....
Must have skills:
• Post-secondary education, preferably in Human Resources.
• 1-3 years of related support experience.
• Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Working knowledge of employment related legislation including Employment Standards Act.
• Intermediate to Strong computing skills including proficiency with MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio).
• Demonstrate the ability to handle sensitive and complex issues with sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
• Strong attention to detail with a demonstrated high degree of accuracy.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Ability to listen carefully to others, while being polite, courteous and respectful in interactions.
• Ability to collect sufficient information to understand problems and issues.
• Analytical, problem solving skills, resourceful and results oriented.
• Well-developed prioritization and time management skills. Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to have skills:
• Business degree with Human Resources focus or other professional qualification would be considered an asset.
• Working towards CHRP designation
• Experience working in and with Workday and with customer relationship management (CRM) systems like Neocase is considered an asset
• Experience working within a large diverse organization
• Working knowledge of Payroll and benefit administration is considered an asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.