We are looking for a Sr R&D Lab Technician – Disposables to work with our expert Cell and Gene Therapy Disposables Kit R&D team based in Marlborough, MA. Do you have a passion for cell therapy? Then we would love to hear from you.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
What will you do?
• Participate in the design and organization of experiments in conjunction with the Tech Lead and or R&D Team members. Serve as a resource to R&D Team.
• Perform hands-on tests of new products in development. Prepare samples and execute tests, collaborating with colleagues as necessary to gain access and training. Record test data in accordance with GLP.
• In addition to executing existing tests, you will also be expected to propose, design, improve, develop and/or implement new tests procedures for evaluating new product’s specifications within the verification and validation activities framework.
• Contribute to the generation of work instructions, tests protocols, and reports.
• Follow departmental work instructions, SOP’s, OSHA safety regulations and cGMPs & cGLPs to perform assigned tasks.
• Monitor and oversee lab supply inventory, generate expense purchase requisitions, if applicable, and maintain documentation in accordance with established procedures.
• Interface with internal groups to assure laboratory equipment maintenance, calibration and documents conform with established practices.
Knowledge, Skill or Ability:
• Deep knowledge in medical device disposables (Class II), with relevant experience in developing tests methods, writing test protocols, and verifying product design specifications of new products.
• Backgrounds in manufacturing process development related to medical device, disposables an asset (IQ, OQ, PQ, Process FMEA)
• Basic knowledge of mechanical design of fixtures (CAD Design - SolidWorks)
• Familiarity with the mechanical testing of plastic parts and sub-assemblies (e.g. tensile/shear/compression test, hardness measurement, pressure decay measurement, burst test) and product reliability tests (e.g. any tear/wear/aging test)
• Ability to work under cGMP/cGLP guidelines
• Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work in a team environment are required.
• Demonstrate strong ethical behavior
• Detail-oriented, and able to work independently as well as part of a team
• Possess good computer skills (Microsoft Office is required. Word, Excel)
We are looking more for a candidate with associate degree in Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering or Materials Science with exposure to Medical Device Industry and plastics products as disposables and experience with mechanical lab tests as described in the job desk.
• Minimum (required): Associates Degree in Technology or Engineering
• Equivalent combination of education and work experience
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you are a Project Manager, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.