Our Banking client in Minneapolis, MN is looking to hire a Payroll Accountant for a contract role.
What you will be doing…
Processing of Payroll:
• Goes through the checklist for each semi-monthly payroll close to ensure all tasks are completed.
• Responsible for reviewing and correcting errors identified in payroll logs before payroll closes. May require delegating some issues to the HR ESTO.
• Reviews Net Zero audit for those employees with gross earnings but no net pay to ensure accuracy.
• Sends overpayment information to employee’s manager or HR Business Partner to pursue collection. Processes claim forgiveness and claim repayment as needed.
• Verifies the accuracy of state and local tax area set up for all employees through Address Change, New Hire, Jersey City, and Exceptions audits monthly. Contacts employees as needed to verify work and resident address and make corrections as needed to ensure the accuracy of withholding. Ensures reciprocal forms are received as required.
• Strives to close semi-monthly payrolls on or before 5:00 each payroll.
• Responsible for funding the net pay for each semi-monthly payroll including payroll adjustments.
• Approve manual checks/deposits as needed.
• Ability to multi task and still remain focused on the task at hand.
• Ability to identify, research, and resolve complex payroll issues.
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities so that tasks are completed timely.
What you will need to succeed…
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities),
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Ten + years payroll/accounting experience.
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
• Proficient in SAP.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
• Accounting background familiar.
• Must be detail oriented and well organized.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the related field.
• Ability to support, motivate, evaluate, staff.
• Ability to deal effectively and courteously with employees and other contacts.
• Ability to solve problems independently.
• Ability to set priorities and work effectively in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle issues with discretion and good judgment.
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Payroll Accountant, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.