Responsibilities for this role include:
• Review and/or approve elementaries/schematics, electrical assembly drawings, single line diagrams, equipment specifications, technical documents, and applicable codes & standards.
• Liaise with customer design, operations, and maintenance personnel to gather site-specific design information. Execute walk downs of various equipment in the plant.
• Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers.
• Ensure designs comply with applicable company, technical, and regulatory standards.
• Participate in design reviews and customer review meetings, providing stakeholder and design input.
• Execute of design/analysis/test/commissioning of complex equipment and systems.
• Review selection of components and equipment (e.g motors, cables, relays, junction boxes).
• Adhere to on-time/on-budget criteria associated with project commitments and customer success.
• Support the development and estimating of engineering proposals.
The ideal candidate will be a multi-talented individual capable and willing to take on additional challenging assignments, possibly including:
• Field services support on-site at customer facilities
• Engineering support team for BWXT's medical isotopes initiatives
• Manufacturing engineering
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Degree or diploma in Electrical, Instrumentation & Control, Automation or related discipline.
• Current P.Eng. or L.E.L. through PEO, or eligible to pursue full or limited license in future.
Minimum 3 years experience with instrumentation and control technologies including but not limited to:
o Industrial automation technologies e.g. PLC, HMI, SCADA.
o Low voltage power distribution and control circuits (typically 600 V or less)
o Control and power relays
o Cabling, junction boxes and penetrations
o Motors and motor controls
o Valves (solenoid, pneumatic or motor actuated)
o Sensors and feedback controls/signal conditioning
Experience working with and generating design documentation, including but not limited to:
o Assembly drawings
o Elementary/schematic drawings
o Connection wiring diagrams
o Component specifications
o Design requirements
o Commissioning requirements
o Test procedures
• Strong communication, presentation, and technical writing skills.
• General understanding of Engineering Change Control (ECC) concepts for the nuclear industry or other industries.
• Ability to interface with project team members, vendors and customers to ensure scope and requirements of the project are understood, and to ensure the project is executed per the project schedule and budget.
• Ability to work on scheduled tasks independently and interface with other team members with varying functions (project managers, mechanical designers, software designers, etc.).
• Ability to navigate the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC) and ensure designs comply to the CEC and other related standards.
• Project management and controls training; at minimum exposure working within these controls.