Who are you?
You’re a seasoned engineer, passionate about safety and compliance. You excel at executing projects on time and on budget and are seeking a role where you can apply your project management and pipeline safety regulation expertise to work on complex safety and regulatory compliance issues related to pipeline construction and operations.
Who is the employer?
Our client has been a leader in the delivery of energy across North America for 65 years, including crude oil, natural gas, and green energy. Operating North America’s third-largest natural gas utility, they take pride in delivering the energy people need to heat their homes, keep their lights on, and stay connected.
Driven to be the strongest player in the industry, they start with their employees: promoting mentorship and professional development and empowering employees to develop their skills, while providing varied and challenging work in a diverse and inclusive work environment. If you’re a committed, high-achieving individual fueled by a desire to make an impact in the energy industry, this role could be for you.
What you’ll be doing
In this role you will ensure compliance with federal and state government pipeline safety regulations (including the Department of Transportation and other pipeline safety regulations) relating to the design, construction, operation and maintenance of gas transmission pipeline systems.
Specifically, you will:
· Serve as the primary point of contact for federal and state regulatory agencies
· Provide interpretation of DOT Pipeline regulations for the company
· Serve as a liaison between Pipeline Integrity, Underground Storage, Gas Control Department and Operations regarding DOT Pipeline regulatory compliance
· Oversee various departments in preparation for federal and state regulatory inspections and pre-audits
· Participate in due diligence projects
· Respond to inquiries and enforcement actions (Notices of Violation, Notices of Probable Violation, and Notice of Amendments)
· Coordinate compliance (interpretations, inspections, etc.) for pipeline operations
· Provide assistance with compliance interpretations and execution of the Control Room Management Program
· Prepare and submit DOT Annual Report for Hazardous Liquid, Gas Transmission & Gathering Systems
· Manage special permits, including annual reports and various notifications to PHMSA
· Manage pipeline safety user fees for the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration
· Oversee area and region office personnel with audit preparation and reviews regarding pipeline compliance issues
· Assist in the development and implementation of standardized risk control programs, work practices and company standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure regulatory compliance
· Coordinate review and update SOPs and engineering procedures
· Represent the company on industry committees such as ASME and INGAA.
This is a full-time, permanent position working primarily in our office Houston, Texas, with occasional trips to the field as required. The target salary for this position is $112,600/year.
· 7+ years of progressive experience in the natural gas or hazardous liquid pipeline industry
· Familiarity with the DOT natural gas pipeline safety regulations and ASME B31.8S
· Expertise in state pipeline safety regulations where the company operates pipelines
· Demonstrated experience in engineering project management
· University degree in engineering or a related field
· Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a vehicle to job sites as required
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards!