- Job no: 8Y3H9
- Categories: Information Technology
Our client, a Canadian multinational energy transportation company with a focus on the transportation, distribution and generation of energy, has an immediate need for a Security Engineer to collaborate with business stakeholders and execution teams. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Calgary, Alberta.
This will be a project resource on at least 2 security related projects for Intrusion Monitoring (IDS/HIDS)
- Key Responsibilities - Intrusion Monitoring (IDS/HIDS)
- Incident First Response
- Firewall and Content Filter Rule Review and Analysis
- Antivirus Policy
- Threat Analysis - Providing support and assistance during internal and external audits
- Training and evangelizing information security to Executive leaders, Engineers and Users Criteria & Qualifications - Linux/Unix Experience
- Scripting with (One or more Java, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Prior Technical Security Experience
- Knowledge of all aspects of information security with in, understanding of firewalls, IDS, HIDS, Content Filtering, Network hardening, Packet Inspection, and SEIM tools
- Scripting skills (One or more Java, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Security certifications: GCIH, GIAC. System Security (OS Hardening, etc.) Vulnerability Management
- General knowledge of Cloud Computing environments and security issues related to those environments
- Working effectively in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 23 Apr 2021, 1:43 PM