Our client who are a multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence, transportation and security markets have excellent opportunity for iOS developers in Austin, TX. The work can be performed remotely.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
As an iOS Developer, you will be part of an Agile team that is responsible for building and improving challenging new and existing products. You must enjoy technical challenges and be eager to deliver robust applications that will delight our customers. We offer an exciting, multi-cultural work environment, developing solutions that have a direct impact on how airlines transport passengers and cargo.
Essential Functions / Key Areas of Responsibility
· As an iOS Developer (Swift) at AvioBook, your duty is to analyze, develop and program our AvioBook software suite on a day-to-day basis.
· In addition, you will participate in the analysis of questions from internal and external parties and the development and implementation of those functions in our products.
· You will focus on building quality and well-tested solutions alone or via pair-programming.
· You will join the daily Scrum and participate in the Kick-off and Retrospective meetings for the team you are assigned.
· You will attend meetings with customers, future customers and partners regarding features and integrations in our AvioBook software.
· You provide meeting notes, do technical assessments and share them with the team or the Tech Leads.
· You work closely together with your local colleagues and team lead and with the Product Development Team in AvioBook’s headquarters in Hasselt, Belgium.
· You are available for support out of office hours for mission critical incidents on a non-frequent basis.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related technical discipline with a minimum of 5-8+ years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree in engineering, computer science or related technical discipline with 4+ years of relevant experience
· At least 2 years of experience in developing apps in Swift for the Apple ecosystem.
Development Tools & Frameworks:
· Master Xcode and fluent in writing Swift code.
· Experience with databases like Realm, Core Data or SQLite.
· Up to date with the latest features provided in the iOS/iPadOS SDK by Apple.
· Hands-on experience in building applications with MVC, MVVM or alternative software design patterns for user interfaces.
· Familiar with TDD and experienced in writing automated tests in XCTest or alternative frameworks.
· Experience with committing and pushing code in GIT and following GitFlow.
· Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven ability to develop and maintain internal relationships with various departments and stakeholders.
· Hands-on experience in Objective C is considered a plus.
· Familiar with Fastlane and CI/CD setups is considered a plus
· Experience with software development environment as well as distributed mobility platforms is highly desirable
· Experience in working remotely is a plus
· Exposure to the aviation industry or piloting an aircraft are a plus
· Experience in a multi-cultural work environment or proficiency in another language are desirable
· Having worked in an international team before is considered a plus
Schedule: You are expected to be available for support during regular out of office hours for mission critical incidents on a non-frequent, exceptional basis
Travel: Travel will be less than 25% annually, but always on notice. International travel to the head-office in Belgium is expected.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're an iOS, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.