Area Manager (Municipal Water/Wastewater)
· North Carolina (work from any of our NC offices)
· Full-time permanent position
· Opportunity to work with a leading global design & consultancy firm
· Competitive salary range commensurate with experience ($160,000-$180,000+) plus excellent benefits, vacation time, 401k matching
Who are you?
You’re a leader in the municipal water/wastewater market, with a proven reputation in North Carolina, and a desire to lead and grow a team of high performers while demonstrating your excellence in client development.
You’re dedicated, driven, and self-motivated, and ready to lead a team tackling new challenges and developing sustainable solutions to address water issues like quality, scarcity, reuse, management, and resilience.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you.
Who is the employer?
Our client is a leading global design & consultancy organization, established over 130 years ago, with offices in over 70 countries, they are working to address the world’s challenges, like climate change, urbanization, digitalization, and poverty. They are a team of talented, passionate people, reimagining the places we live and work, and redefining how we use and protect our much-needed resources.
Now, they are looking for an experienced water professional to be their new Area Manager and lead their exceptional team in North Carolina.
What you’ll be doing
As an Area Manager, you will engage with our established, well-respected team to execute municipal water/wastewater projects and lead our strategy for growth across North Carolina.
You will bring expertise in project management, municipal water, wastewater and stormwater planning, engineering design and construction, and a proven reputation in North Carolina, to win and execute a growing portfolio of industry-leading projects. Your tasks will include:
- Foster, grow and coach a multi-disciplined high-performing team.
- Supervise and support the work of others and mentor junior level engineer and technical staff.
- Engage with client account teams, expanding business development opportunities and client relationships to strategically grow the North Carolina portfolio
- Leverage existing and new client relationships with local municipalities to expand opportunities across the region.
- Provide leadership for the operational performance of North Carolina based Water staff to meet area operational goals (revenue, profit, resource engagement) and quality standards
- Be a trusted advisor to clients – create and deliver tailored solutions and lead teams in preparing winning proposals and successful presentations.
- Negotiate critical issues with clients and potential teaming partners and subconsultants.
- Provide technical and managerial guidance and leadership on existing projects
- Contribute to the management of projects (planning, design and construction) - municipal water and wastewater treatment plants, storm water systems, distribution/collection systems, and pump/lift stations
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated engineer to build upon their leadership experience in the water and wastewater market. If this sounds like what you’ve been looking for, we can’t wait to meet you.
What you’ll bring
· 15 years’ experience in municipal water / wastewater facilities: planning, design and construction for public and private sector clients
· North Carolina P.E. License and/or ability to obtain upon starting
· Successful track record of delivering engineering projects that meet or exceed client expectations
· Strong project management experience on municipal water, wastewater, or stormwater projects of various sizes.
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering in Civil, Environmental or Mechanical Engineering.
And here’s what would be a bonus:
· Master's in Engineering, Science or related professional degree such as Master of Business Administration or Master of Public Administration.
o Collaborative project delivery experience (DB, CMAR)
o Certified Envision Sustainability Professional (ENV SP)
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job board.