On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Measurement Technician in Eliot, ME
This is a Direct Hire role for a Measurement Technician in Eliot, ME
Here’s what you will do:
· Inspect, operate, maintain and troubleshoot meters, including orifice, rotary, ultrasonic, and turbine, their associated meter tubes, orifice plates, recorders, gauges transmitters and emissions monitoring equipment to ensure accurate gas measurement.
· Calculate volume rates and sizes orifice plates to set flow rates.
· Inspect, operate and maintain the following gas quality equipment: Gas Chromatographs, sulfur and hydrogen sulfide monitors, oxygen monitors, and water vapor instruments.
· Collect spot or continuous gas samples and liquid samples, labels package and ship samples for determination of gas quality and composition.
· Inspect, operate, maintain and troubleshoot control valves, regulators, relief valves and control instruments to provide accurate, reliable and safe control of flow rates and pressures.
Who you are:
You have the following education and experience:
· An Associate’s degree in a relevant technical field or possess equivalent training.
· A valid driver’s license.
· Reside or are willing to reside within 30 miles of the assigned reporting location.
· Can perform physically demanding activities in all types of weather conditions.
· Able and willing to work overtime, weekends, be on call and standby, and travel overnight as required.
Include but are not limited to: Balancing, bending and stooping, climbing, crawling, carrying ( up to 50 amount of pounds), grasping, kneeling, lifting (objects 50 pounds), pulling hand over hand, pushing, reaching above shoulder, repetitive motion, sitting, standing, walking, visual requirement (able to see screens, detect color coding, read fine print), hearing requirement.