Our client is currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor 4/Automotive Control Systems Engineer for the Oshawa location. The details are as follows:
General Purpose Responsible for automotive control system development.
Work involves innovation, development, execution, and verification of control system requirements, architecture, algorithm, software, and calibration.
Work requires experienced individuals who can understand complex problems and who can effectively manage complexity and deliveries to the program on-schedule with minimal supervision.
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Architect and design control system
• Develop and synthesize control feature requirements
• Design control algorithms for complex systems
• Create plant models sufficient for algorithm and control feature verification
• Develop and execute low-cost calibration methodologies including tools
• Conduct system-level verification & validation testing
• Develop and execute new methods for faster, higher-quality control system creation
• Perform Design Failure Mode and Effects (DFMEA) and Variation analysis
• Perform root cause analysis on issues across software and hardware domains
• Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) – Beginner level
• Knowledge of Lotus Notes or other email communication tool – Intermediate level
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to present in group settings
• Good verbal communication skills to clearly convey message or project timelines/updates
• Good written communication skills to effectively prepare documents for management review and approval
• Ability to work well in a team environment - 5-10 years experience
• Strong leadership skills to effectively communication with multiple levels within the organization
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects and heavy work loads
• Strong planning skills with the ability to prioritize workload independently
• Strong problem solving capabilities to effectively investigate issue and provide resolution
• Good understanding of Matlab, Simulink and Autocoding
• Strong level of control system architecture and design expertise
• Strong expertise with in-vehicle and in-laboratory instrumentation including ETAS products such as INCA
• Areas of expertise including analysis and design in the fields of hybrid, brakes, engine, transmission, steering, calibration, safety and diagnostics
• Position related experience in Engineering – 5-10 years
• Position specific experience in Systems Engineering – 2-5 years
• Bachelors Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical)
Required Conditions Suppliers agree that all candidates submitted / matched to this assignment will successfully complete the required Drug Testing and Background Checks prior to the supplier confirming the acceptance of the assignment.
*****Client requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination to access job site. Providing proof of vaccination is a condition of employment with Ian Martin****