- Job no: 38752-1
- Category: Information Technology, banking
Our banking client in Toronto, ON is looking to hire a French Translator for a 6 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
The translator will manage, track and report on all French editing activities associated with new and updated French online documentation that is aligned with Retail and Business Banking strategies and is aimed at enhancing the capabilities of employees and managers supporting a client-centric environment.
The primary focus of the translator is to translate, review and edit translated content for accuracy and consistency as well as for any typographical, lexical and grammatical errors. The translator may be asked to assist in such tasks as content rewrites or development. The role is really a blend of internal translation and revision. To function effectively, the translator must have excellent written and oral communication skills in French and English and will be required to work closely with team members including the Translation Leads, Technical Writers, Translation Group, the Learning Designers, the Learning Project Managers and in some cases our external translation vendor.
What you will need to succeed…
• Review, compare and edit a range of translated online documentation and learning solutions to ensure all standards are applied and consistent.
• Translate, review and edit translated content to ensure content language aligns with the English version of content.
• Conduct review for all translated content to revise, edit and proofread content to ensure:
• coherence, flow and conciseness.
• correctness of grammar, punctuation, and spelling
• consistency of tone/voice, grammar, pagination, layout and design
• adherence to departmental defined standards and style guides.
• adherence to bank standards and requirements around intellectual property, trademark usage/restrictions, branding, and copyrights
• appropriateness of message given target audience and learning objectives
• Provide input on such things as names, business names or other data required for French content.
• Assist with other French production activities as required including locating French URLs, locating French manual page names, and identifying and capturing French screens.
• Work with the Translation Leads, Translation Group, the Learning Designers, the Learning Project Managers and in some cases our external translation vendor to implement required versions of French content and produce the French version
• Use a variety of web editing tools and templates to edit content and work with Senior Technical Writers, Publishers and Quality Assurance, Learning Content Management Leads to implement required changes and revisions to content in order to produce the final version of all content.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
• Translation software knowledge – MemoQ (In the past manager found candidates mentioned MemoQ experience in resume but couldn’t talk to it)
• Must be completely fluent in French - reading, writing, speaking
• Tech savvy
Nice to have:
• Banking background is an asset
• Translation memory software experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in French translation
• Dreamweaver experience
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize, meet deadlines
• Detail oriented
• Hard-working and self-motivated
• Takes ownership of work
- Published on 29 Mar 2021, 6:35 PM