- Job no: 8JJFX
- Categories: Information Technology
Our Client who plays a vital role in Alberta's Energy Industry by ensuring public safety and the environment - and contributing to responsible, efficient and safe energy development. Has an immediate need for a Systems Administrator for a one (1) Year contract in Calgary, Alberta.
- Maintain the stability and highest levels of availability, performance and security for systems supporting day-to-day operations, including Workfront, Harvest & Ivanti Service Manager.
- Lead the implementation, maintenance and administration of applications, ensuring the reliable operation of the systems and applications. Partnering with vendors and business administrators reviewing requirements, creating and configuring new fields, forms and workflows, introducing efficiencies though automation and continual process improvements.
- Configure, maintain and manage workflows, request queues, user accounts, custom fields, dashboards, reports and third-party integrations.
- Partner with the Business Administrators to review business requirements and understand configurations.
- Work collaboratively with teams to align processes, identify and resolve cross team workflow issues, and implement continuous improvement and automation efforts for branch processes.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support to administrators within the business and liaise with third-party software vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential issues, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Create user guides, provide training and tutorials to support go-live or configuration changes.
- Conduct testing to confirm that current workflows and processes will not be negatively impacted by releases or changes.
- Perform general maintenance and updates of the system.
- 5 years of relevant experience demonstrating progressive skill development and responsibility
- Experience in the administration of Project Management software (Workfront or similar), Harvest and Ivanti Service Manager.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline or related discipline
- Experience with document, dashboards/reports, user guides, training materials, knowledge base articles.
- Strong understanding of common applications development concepts and techniques such as object-oriented design, algorithms, data structures, testing, and solution build and release
- Ability to tackle vague problems that span a range of issues through analysis.
- Strong verbal and written skills with the ability to communicate complex information to a broad audience.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 06 Apr 2021, 3:45 PM