Our multinational electricity and gas utility client is hiring Lead Network Engineer, onsite opportunity in Waltham, MA.
About the Department:
This role is to function as the lead network engineer for the client Automatic Metering Infrastructure (AMI) program. This role will ensure that client designs and implements an end-to-end network that supports our regulatory obligation to deliver meter read information from residential and industrial customers to the AMI data center, customer portal, and analytics data center. This role is part of the Networking team in client IT Infrastructure & Operations Department which is responsible for the internal technical knowledge, engineering integrity, alignment and consistency of the network across the enterprise which includes IT, Operational Telecom (OT), and CNI service portfolios.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Ownership for establishing the infrastructure governance model for the AMI detailed design to ensure the above requirements are complied with and any residual risks are accepted and recorded. To run solution engineering reviews in the AMI program, influence and collaborate with engineering and delivery teams on the development of the system.
• In-depth knowledge and working experience in the infrastructure lifecycle management for the technology.
• The development of engineering implementation patterns. The socialization of the implementation patterns to all Suppliers delivering the services and the project managers that are delivering all services.
• Collaboration with the Solution delivery organizations to build understanding and awareness of operability requirements and to help shape thinking around emerging delivery methodologies to ensure the service design principles are not compromised.
• Responsible for specification, gaining agreement and application of engineering and implementation standards.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
• Experience designing and implementation network infrastructure solutions applying standard engineering and technology delivery within solution designs.
• Experience with field based wireless networks using IPV6 and IEEE 802.15.4 mesh networking
• Has thorough knowledge of fiber technology and transport network infrastructures applied to critical services demanding low latency and high availability.
• Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Cisco CCNP/CCIE Routing and Switching certification is desirable
• Has thorough knowledge of network infrastructure and understanding of software defined networking applied to WAN provisioning and management.
• Tools for Network Performance Monitoring and End to End Service supporting WAN and SD-WAN.
• The role is technical in nature. The candidate must be well versed in networking technologies such as Cisco, software defined networking, network routing, WAN and Cloud network security and segmentation based on roles and policies, WAN management, automation and monitoring tools and QoS
• Excellent presentation and communication skills with a high degree of comfort with technical and business audiences.
• Experience working with stakeholders to identify relevant requirements and understand how those requirements fit into the broader enterprise context for the application/platform.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a Lead Network Engineer, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.