Actual Job Title: Data Architect, Trading and Execution Services
Start Date: 7/19/2021
End Date: 7/18/2022
What is the opportunity?
The Data Integrity Lead will play a key role in driving the strategic data agenda across the Capital Markets trading and execution services platform. In this role you will partner with business stakeholders and technology leadership to define the strategy, architecture, standards and best practices for the sourcing, transmission, capture and reporting of mission critical data. You will be responsible for the creation of a data control framework to monitor and govern transactional data to ensure the highest levels of data quality are achieved and maintained. You will liaise with application teams to form adoption roadmaps and take responsibility for addressing any roadblocks teams encounter.
What will you do?
• Assess the current state of transactional data management across the Trading and Execution Services platform
• Identify target state scope for the capture and retention of all types of transactional data across the environment
• Socialise your proposed strategy, architecture and standards for data capture and retention, gaining support from all key business and technology stakeholders
• Share your strategy with the technology community within Capital Markets, and champion the need for application teams to treat data as a top priority
• Collaborate with the Data Modelling team to ensure the highest quality of data standards
• Coordinate with horizontal data management teams to design and deliver a control framework for transactional data, guaranteeing the highest level of data quality
• Create solutions to enable application teams to easily and efficiently share their transactional data
• Engage application teams to form roadmaps for their sharing of transactional data, and hold teams accountable to their commitments
What do you need to succeed?
• 5+ years of industry experience designing, building and operating solutions to manage large volumes of data whilst achieving and maintaining the highest levels of data quality
• Deep understanding of data standards, governance, best practices, transmission, storage, and reporting
• Experience designing data solutions considering key factors such as adoption, performance, security, resiliency, archiving and cost
• Solid experience with data messaging solutions (e.g. SOLACE), SQL databases and big data solutions (e.g. Hadoop)
• Strong leadership skills and demonstrated experience in strategy formation and socialization
• Experience defining technical architecture, leading technology teams and engaging in technical discussion to explain the benefits and constraints of varying technology options to meet business needs
• Experience in the financial industry and a consulting background
• Ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense technology environment with multiple stakeholders
• Experience with FIX protocol