- Job no: 55273ENBJP00009576
- Categories: Finance/Accounting
*This is a Direct Hire Position*
Are you ready to leverage your years of experience in finance to help drive and optimize the arrangements of the Joint Venture group? If so, this opportunity is for you! In this role you will be responsible for preparing and reviewing the general financial aspects of matters impacting our joint venture arrangements.
Heres what you will do:
- Prepare and review monthly financial statement support schedules to be provided to internal management and partners.
- Prepare, review, and approve monthly journal entries including joint venture billings.
- Prepare and review monthly actual balance sheets and income statements variance analysis.
- Perform research and analysis for ad hoc questions or requests from partners.
- Interact with other groups inside the company (including Business Development, Treasury, and Reporting).
- Prepare and review annual budgets for internal management and individual joint ventures.
- Prepare, review and coordinate cash calls and cash distributions with partners.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual FERC Form 3 and Form 2 supplemental pages.
- Prepare and review account reconciliations and monthly actual variance analysis.
- Coordinate and interact with internal and external auditors on quarterly and year-end audits.
- Ensure compliance with SOX controls and related reporting requirements.
- Provide guidance to analysts and advisors as needed.
- Special projects as required.
Who you are:
- A Bachelors degree required in Accounting or Finance.
- 7+ years of internal audit, internal controls, finance, accounting, IT, operations or other relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Oracle, SAP and HFM.
- Excellent organization, planning, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates broad business and technical knowledge in resolving problems
- Communicate effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Work independently on complex technical issues.
- Independently research, investigate, analyze, reconcile and evaluate all financial data and make sound decisions.
- Take a lead role on adhoc projects, as needed.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or other audit related designations (i.e CPA) would be an asset.
- General office working environment with overtime required.
- Minimal travel requirement.
Physical Requirements include but are not limited to:
Grasping, kneeling, light - moderate lifting (objects up to 20 pounds), reaching above shoulder, repetitive motion, typing, sitting, standing, visual requirement (able to see screens, detect color coding, read fine print), hearing requirement and the ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Mental Requirements (Both Field & Office) include but are not limited to:
Ability to: understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, understand complex problems and collaborate/explore alternative solutions, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, organize and prioritize work schedule on a short-term basis, make decisions which have moderate impact on the immediate work unit and monitor impact outside this area, understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine forms, compose letters, outlines, memoranda and basic reports and communicate with individuals via telephone.