- Job no: 55273ENBJP00009945
- Categories: Engineering
On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Cost Control Associate in Houston TX.
This position will focus on providing construction cost, progress, monitoring, and schedule controls.
To provide administration and transactional accounting support to all project cost management activities
To manage/monitor the costs of a project by auditing and processing invoices, work orders, and contracts
- Liaise with Accounts Payable to ensure accounting standards are met and that invoices are directed appropriately and scanned/matched correctly
- Communicate with Construction Analysts, Project Engineers, Field Inspectors, and Contractors to ensure correct and approved invoices are submitted
- Manage the invoice process once received from Accounts payable, which consists of Verification of invoices against up to date rate sheets and work orders, coding invoice properly against the correct work order, and submitting the invoice to the appropriate approver
- Facilitate Administrative Closeout procedure to formally closeout projects
- Manage the contract/work order entry process, revision process, and closure process in consultation with the Project Engineers/Managers to ensure all work order requests are processed in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide accurate and timely reporting to project stakeholders with regards to current expenditures on all assigned projects
- Monitor work orders to ensure proper change management process is used to increase/decrease contracts
- Provide cost transfer services to the project team to ensure costs are allocated to the correct project
- Assist with Project reconciliations
- Administer Contracts and work order processing including progressive invoicing, holdback management, and status reporting
- Financial administration of all aspects of engineering projects with total budgets ranging from one half million dollars to hundreds of millions.
- The expectation to process a high volume of invoices and efficiently work orders meanwhile resolving invoicing issues directly with service suppliers as they arise
- Responsible for contract/work order entry, revision, and closure process
- Required to work on multiple projects concurrently and be able to prioritize and meet requirements for the following contacts:
- Project Manager: the CCA needs to interact with Field Cost Analysts and Project Managers for invoice verification and approval as well as work order creation and revision
- Project Controls Advisor/Analyst: as a member of the project controls team, the CCA needs to work closely with the Project Controls Advisor/Analyst to implement the project controls plan and strategies. The CCA will be asked to pull invoice/coding information and will need to assist in coding corrections/cost transfers as needed.
- Accounts Payable: the CCA needs to interact with AP to manage invoice processing and payment
- Vendors: the CCA needs to communicate with various vendors to resolving invoice issues
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Some post-secondary accounting training
- Minimum two years’ experience in Accounts Payable, Contracts, or Project Controls environment
- Experience with Oracle Financials as well as SAP is an asset
- Experience in Excel is required
- Good communication, interpersonal, organizational, and team skills
- A positive disposition and willingness to work within the team’s framework
- Very detail-oriented
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload, bring issues forward and develop working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Reports directly to the Project Controls Supervisor
- Key relationships: Project Managers/Engineers, Project Controls Advisor/Analyst, Field Cost Analysts, Contract Administrator, Construction Managers, Construction Coordinator, Construction Inspectors, Contractor’s accounting office, etc.