On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Workday HCM Functional Analyst in Houston, TX
· This role is a trusted resource to the business and serves as the face of HR Solutions supporting/enabling business priorities leveraging Workday HCM.
· The focus of this role will be a large optimization project to update several Recruiting, Compensation, and HCM business processes to meet strategic business requirements and changes in approvals.
What you will do:
· Function as an expert for system administration, HR transactions, business process configuration, and design, including advising the HR team, managers, and employees in the proper use of the system.
· Capable at creating/loading and validating EIBs or using other Mass Operation type of Workday Administrator Tasks
· Capable at building calculated fields and custom reports
· Lead and close various operational tasks or projects including, but not limited to: Triage ticket intake and resolution with internal partners, partner with SMEs to support Annual Cycle Activities and new feature implementation, participate in rotational ownership of leading Workday updates/projects.
· Work closely with HR leadership, business partners, and technical teams, lead design and process development, gather and define requirements, recommendations, document changes for change control purposes, design and implement solutions, and ensure user ease of adoption and will support the organization in achieving optimized transactions and processes.
· Review, test and implement bi-annual Workday releases; Lead on determining impact, presenting suggested new features in detail with final recommendations to management on which to implement; participate in regression testing for new system features and communication of changes/benefits to end-users.
· Manage and execute case management tickets, as well as ongoing system enhancement tasks, including configuration and testing of changes to the Workday HCM system.
· Maintain master data values in Workday (ex: Job Profile, Job Family, Job Group, Roles, Custom Organization Types, Positions, and Locations).
Who you are:
· 4+ years of progressive experience within Workday HCM, configuring business processes, building calculated fields, condition rules, notifications, alerts, EIBs with specialization in HCM and Recruiting.
· Demonstrated ability to be innovative, initiate, lead and manage change.
· A broad range of experience with information technology solutions for HR.
· A broad range of experience in process analysis, systems analysis, technical analysis, systems implementation, and operations.
· Experience configuring business process
· Experience working with EBIs
· Experience building various roles in the workday
· Work closely with HR leadership, business partners, and technical teams, lead design and process development, gather and define requirements, recommendations, document changes for change control purposes, design and implement solutions, and ensure user ease of adoption and will support the organization in achieving optimized transactions and processes
· Work extremely independently, small, or large scales, research how to get it into the workday, tailor it to change control process, training element is covered
· Depth within HCM space, specifically within HR focus.
· HR Focus, changing jobs, recruiting, actively moving people in and out of positions.
· 4 years’ experience, actively configuring in the workday (ideally 1 or more implementation)
· EBI - need to understand how EBI is built, need to be familiar with how to get it out of the workday