Sales Development Representative
- Waterloo, ON (remote for now, hybrid model in the future)
- Competitive compensation structure (base + commission)
- Opportunity to make an immediate impact on a small team united by their drive for the greater good
Who are you?
If there’s one thing you’re known for, it’s your entrepreneurial spirit. That’s why it’s no surprise that you’ve found great success in sales. You’re resilient, confident, and driven, like all the best sales representatives and sales development professional
Now, you’re ready to take your passion for sales to the next level. You have a fire in your belly, and you’re ready to seize a new, lucrative opportunity and make a huge impact.
Who are we?
We’re Ian Martin Group, and we’ve partnered with a global leader in wireless connectivity who are also recognized as the Smart Parking leader in North America. They have focused on making our communities smarter by improving operations, reducing greenhouse gases, reducing water consumption, improving mobility, and increasing revenues.
Now, they are looking for a confident, organized, and dynamic Sales Development Representative to join their team. Could this be you?
Sales Development Representative
You will play a critical role in the customer’s journey, as the first person to introduce them to the company and their intelligent solutions. You will articulate the value proposition, identify and qualify opportunities, and most importantly establish a real connection with our prospective customers.
You will report to the Head of Sales and be surrounded by a seasoned team with a proven track record of success. Your focus will be to sell parking and water metering solutions to municipalities across North America. Working closely with the sales and marketing teams, you will hunt new opportunities that will be added to the top of our sales funnel.
Practically speaking you will:
· Research potential customers and accounts to identify people to connect with
· Connect with potential customers through phone/video calls, emails, and chat
· Pitch parking and water metering solutions to potential municipal customers
· Qualify top-of-funnel sales opportunities – Sales Qualified Leads (SQL’s)
· Work closely with internal team members to schedule meetings and presentations
· Use the CRM and other internal tools to manage and track opportunity interactions
· Facilitate smooth customer transactions and support Account Executives to help close deals
· Collaborate on sales initiatives and new campaign development
· Proactively seek new business opportunities in our markets
· Monitor public tenders for new opportunities with municipalities
You’ll join a supportive team, who will set you up for success with clearly defined processes and extensive training, and who will equip you with all the best sales and automation tools. And as you learn our business, you’ll have boundless opportunities to grow within our company and build your sales career with us.
The best person for this role is a curious, fast-learner who’s not afraid to ask questions and learn from mistakes. They will also have a strong track record of achieving targets and deadlines combined with a sense of urgency, and desire for continuous growth personally and professionally.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you.
This is a full-time, permanent position working in our Waterloo office. The position will be remote to start, and later become a hybrid model of remote + in office.
You’ll earn a competitive base salary plus commission, have a comprehensive benefits package, long term disability and 4 weeks of vacation to start.
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in a similar role, where you used a variety of sales techniques (i.e., cold calling)
- Experience working with CRM software and MS Office Suite
- Experience selling hardware/infrastructure would be a strong bonus
- Prior experience in the parking or water industry is an asset
- Prior experience with municipal, government, or large enterprise customers is an asset
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field preferred but not necessary
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards.