- Job no: 7QJBF
- Categories: Human Resources
Our Client who plays a vital role in Alberta's Energy Industry by ensuring public safety and the environment - and contributing to responsible, efficient, and safe energy development. Has an immediate need for a Senior Workday Technical Lead - HR Systems Metrics. This is a contract position for six (6) months located in Calgary, Alberta.
The Lead, Workday Systems provides subject matter expertise and recommendations for all Human Resource Information Systems, Business Expense, and any other related modules. Facilitating the establishment of the multi-year strategic action plan progression and deployment of Workday and other applications related to PC&L and Finance branches. This role leads the development and implementation of core HR business processes and service excellence solutions that align with organization needs and technical priorities. .The role oversees the change management cycle including communications and training related to system implementations to drive behavior changes and adoption. This role develops and provides ongoing oversight of workforce metrics and the workforce insights framework – including standard data elements and reporting. Works closely with functional HR, Finance and Procurement teams and IT to lead projects for internal customers matching the best prototype and configuration, through product testing and implementation for technology projects. Configures Workday HCM and other portfolios within Workday to provide the solutions that enable the business to move forward and deliver results.
- Lead large scale, cross-functional projects from start to finish. Manage the Workday/HR systems roadmap to plan additional Workday functionality based on Workday releases and PC&L needs. (15%)
- Provide knowledge transfer of Workday configuration solutions to peer teams. Proactively identify, investigate, and implement solutions to optimize Workday functionality to meet the needs of leaders, employees, and the PC&L team. Troubleshoot serious or significant issues with Workday; identify root cause, recommend, and implement solutions. (20%)
- Assess the business information and system solutions through configuration. (5%)
- Facilitate requirement gathering for system integrations. (10%)
- Create and manage project plans and status reporting to ensure project outcomes are achieved and meet established deadlines. (10%)
- Plan and test products and system enhancements, troubleshoot production issues, and retest fixes. (20%)
- Support building a depth of knowledge within the team by identifying cross training and development opportunities so that each Workday module has a primary and back-up SME. Build and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders and users of Workday. (20%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Human Resource management
- 7-10 years experience in HRIS technology, with 2-3 years in a technical leadership role
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Workday Configuration experience (required)
- Experience in project management, change management, human resources processes, systems, policies, and data. (required)
- Experience with the agile methodology & use of agile tools (is an asset)
- Experience working with reporting applications such as Cognos, Prism, and Workday Analytics. (required)
- Advanced knowledge in Workday HCM core, Payroll, Integration, Time and Absence, and Reporting is a requirement.
- Workday HCM Core or Workday Pro (required)
- Strong technical skills; intermediate level knowledge of database information systems.
- ITIL (asset)
- Certified Scrum Master (asset)
- Ability to influence key stakeholders, vendors, and project team members.
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust.
- Comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve operational effectiveness.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate concepts effectively
- The ability to interpret and apply technical knowledge to translate into practical application
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Integrate and balance work priorities, activities, and resources for the benefit of multiple key stakeholders.
- High degree of integrity in dealing with sensitive information.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 08 Jun 2021, 3:49 PM