- Job no: 7NHRQ
- Categories: Information Technology
Our client, a market leading financial institution, has an immediate need for a Senior Data Scientist. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Calgary, Alberta.
- Work closely with the Business Owner and subject matter experts (SMEs) on the AMASS (Accelerated Migration of Analytics Self Service) project in Risk Management by
- Making plans and estimating work efforts to prepare the migration process
- Participating in the process to bring data into the GCP (Google Cloud Platform), model it and validate it
- Developing and / or redesigning some of the reporting and analytics for each SMEs within the Risk department
- Supporting the ongoing process of report development through governance and some level of technical support
- Converting and /or optimizing current SAS programs to future platform (Python and or VIYA)
- 7-10 years of hand-on experience in a data science/modeling role solving high impact business problems
- Capable to have in-depth understanding of the current SAS code and the methodology behind the code in a short period of time
- In-depth knowledge of SQL, BigQuery
- Extensive experience using Python including comprehensive knowledge in various Statistics and Machine Learning packages.
- Experience with statistical methods like regression, GLMs, and analysis.
Additional Skills "Nice to Have"
- Exposure to Tableau or similar data visualization tools.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 14 May 2021, 9:24 PM