- Job no: 5523211797707
- Categories: Information Technology
Duration : 6 months
Location : Ottawa, ON
As a member of a collaborative development team, the senior software engineer will be instrumental in the identification and implementation of an improved Graphical User Interface (GUI) methodology for new applications to compliment the highly-embedded cryptographic products within the company portfolio. The primary objective is to improve the maintainability and forward engineering capabilities of the GUI applications; specifically, by increasing cross-platform support, application user-friendliness, internationalization support, and test automation.
As an original equipment manufacturer, the senior software engineer will work closely with systems, hardware, software, security, and test engineers to ensure timely delivery of quality products. The senior software engineer will also work closely with product and program managers, customers, and 3rd parties as necessary to support the products throughout the lifecycle.
- Software engineering principles and best practices across all phases of commercial development and engineering product release practices Understanding of and awareness to keep abreast of emerging software technologies and methodologies for complimenting embedded systems using GUI's Debugging and resolving complex problems in multi-threaded applications Communicating task and project status to the team and engineering management Time management for ensuring project goals are met on time and within budget
- Understanding of communications security and within the financial security domain is a plus
- Accurately breaking down, estimating, and scheduling software tasks Formal software configuration management & control tools Ensuring compliance to company formal quality system; responsible for understanding formal quality systems such as CMMI or ISO 9001
Skills: Technical Knowledge/Skills & Experience Required
- Had significant role in the architecture, design, dev & test (9+ years) of complex User Interface software for an appliance or complex management solution or Cloud manageability software that has shipped to data center customers.
- Had at least 3+ significant experience in launching enterprise class SaaS applications.
- Experience with Heatmaps, A/B testing to optimize GUI workflows. – nice to have
- At least 1-2 years experience with AngularJS 4+ or React JS.
- Demonstrable experience with launching UI product from scratch with high quality.
- Experience in web based RESTful technologies.
- Evaluate, evangelize and deploy new technology stack in the product.
- Experience in latest UI methodogies like behavior driven development and
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal direct supervision Ability to technically Lead and Inspire the UX/UI local team and influence cross site UX and UI Unification efforts (requirements, system analysis and timely decision making) to ensure the CipherTrust Vision and best in class UX dashboard for all TES products and solutions Strong communication, presentation, skills -- as the UX and UI evangelist is our role model of crisp, clear and comprehensive communication with customers, and internal coworkers -- is capable of awesome PowerPoint presentations and also product demos to customers Experience worling with Agile methooly
- Published on 03 Feb 2021, 9:46 PM