On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Training and Development Advisor in Houston, TX
· Conducts and oversees training needs analysis with stakeholders.
· Creates Design and Development Project Plan for Instructional Designers support areas.
· Work with Training Lead to define and maintain Alpha, Beta, and Gold processes and timelines.
· Work with Training Lead to highlight areas of risks/dependencies and constraints.
· Designs learning objectives for training courses/learning activities develop content to meet learning objectives and identifies appropriate delivery mechanisms.
· The position develops trainer and participant materials, including interactive e-learning modules, QRGs, and LGs.
· Creates and maintain Detailed Development Design plan using ADDIE process.
· Collaborates with subject matter experts, project leads, change specialists, to design, develop, implement, evaluate and revise curriculum and learning resources that are aligned with program goals, and are aimed at delivering knowledge of the new processes and systems to end-users.
· Responsible for implementing end-to-end training activities supporting Functions in the Unify (ERP) program (Finance, Asset & Work Management, Supply Chain, Technology and Data Functions) including planning, instructional design, development, measurement, and coordination across teams.
· Collaborate with Functional Change Specialists, and Functional Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to conduct the training needs analysis and define training needs in stakeholder groups.
· Work to understand and leverage existing training structures, establishing strong partnerships with existing learning teams.
· Work with OCM counterparts and project functional technical team to design curriculum for cross-functional training and function-specific training.
· Support training development within the function and work with the training team and logistics coordinator to support training delivery.
· Support ongoing project team and stakeholder training/capability development.
· Conduct train-the-trainer sessions with business unit trainers and define training needs to support in post-go-live.
· Conduct knowledge transfer and transition activities in functions and learning organizations to support the sustainment approach.
· Candidate must have the knowledge and/or experience with designing and developing Oracle systems (ERP) training.
· Extensive experience using Articulate Storyline version 2.0
· Strong project management background
· A minimum of five years’ experience in training needs analysis, designing, developing, and evaluating curriculum, learning activities and resources for WBT/CBT, instructor-led classroom training, and on-the-job practice activities
· A minimum of three years’ experience in designing training, both in a classroom setting and virtual environment
· Post-secondary degree or Diploma in Adult Education, Instructional Design, Information, and Learning Technologies or related field or equivalent experience
· Comprehensive knowledge of current adult learning theories, ADDIE principles, program design strategies, technologies, trends, and best practices applicable to both online and instructor-led learning programs
· Familiarity with various learning delivery models including online, blended, and classroom; knowledge of the theories and practices of e-learning and the implementation of synchronous learning environments
· Experience with Learning Management Systems; familiarity with virtual classroom and with multimedia and web design technologies
· Ability to analyze training needs, design learning objectives, determine the ideal delivery method
· Designing and writing course materials, activities and exercises, assessments, job aids
· Advanced verbal and written communication skills to communicate with a broad range of audiences one-on-one and in a group setting, make presentations, and write clear, concise learning materials geared for the target audience
· Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with Training Leads, OCM counterparts, Functional Change Management Specialists, Business Unit Change Consultants, Training Logistics Coordinator, and other Learning Advisors
· Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Proven ability to work under pressure in an unstructured and fast-paced environment
· Must be agile and willing to take initiative
· Must be able to gap fill if required
· CTDP or CTP designation, or working towards completion of same
· Knowledge of Oracle systems (ERP).
· Knowledge of functional business processes in either Finance or Supply Chain Management.
· Experience in assessment and measurement of training needs specific to changes in business processes and systems.