- Job no: 7D49B
- Categories: Skilled Trades
Our client, a Canadian global leader in exploration, mine engineering, and environmental protection has an immediate need for two (2) Electrical/Instrumentation Construction Field Superintendent for multi-discipline projects within the mining industry This is a contract position for nine (9) months in Northern Saskatchewan.
- Fly In Fly Out Camp accommodations provided
- Rotation (2 weeks in -2 weeks out, 11 hours a day)
- Company Charter Flights provided - Departing from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
- Ensure all workers within their area are working in a safe manner abiding by all safety program requirements.
- Review and/or develop detailed work plans according to workface planning processes.
- In some instances, may perform supervision of direct field labour in safe completion of the scope to a high-quality standard.
- In some instances, may oversee the contractor’s activities confirming the work is completed safely and according to all contract requirements.
- Inspections of completed work to confirm it is completed to appropriate standards, identifying deficiencies, and managing the completion of deficiencies.
- Monitoring the schedule and productivity of work and work collaboratively with the contractor and operations personnel to resolve issues and barriers.
- Daily validation and approval of contractor submitted labour, equipment and material reports.
- Responsible to coordinate field activities between contractors and the operations team as required.
- 10+ years of experience with Electrical/Instrumentation Construction
- Dual ticketed journeyperson electrician and instrumentation technician preferred; however, single ticketed journeyperson electrician will also be considered.
- Previous experience in a brown field construction environment is required.
- Previous experience in commissioning and start-up activities required.
- Previous experience in a nuclear facility preferred.
- Supervisor training/certification is required.
- Proficient computer skills required.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 23 Apr 2021, 10:38 PM