- Job no: 7BA4Q
- Categories: Engineering
The Scheduling team integrates and reports on the planning and execution of all work activities to allow coordination of:
- Station Online work,
- Outage work,
- Project activities including site service, IT projects, mega projects, and asset management work
This plan will enable a site wide view on risks, opportunities and key aspects of integration such as resources.
The Planner/Scheduler reports to the Project Controls Lead (Scheduling) in supporting project management professionals, project controls professionals and executives by managing the development, coordination and implementation of comprehensive schedules. These schedules enable the rest of the business to identify risks, opportunities, and key aspects of integration such as resources.
Developing Plans and Schedules
- Expertise in structuring, organizing and managing multiple complex projects, with a proven track record of successful project completion.
- Strong background in the planning software Primavera.
- Experience integrating complex portfolios of large and diverse project schedules.
- Generates periodic standard reports in tabular and graphical formats from Primavera and other applications.
- Develop and ensure schedule data analysis is performed to identify trends, issues, and critical activities requiring attention.
- Provide timely information/metrics to Project Managers so that corrective measures can be taken and the project kept on track.
- Develop and ensure compliance with policies, plans, processes, and procedures related to Project Planning & Scheduling.
- Manage the development of the integrated enterprise schedule incorporating interfacing Program and contractor schedules such as milestones for planned and unplanned outage work for a stakeholder such as a station owner, to ensure execution of project deliverables.
Education and Experience
- Superior communication (written, oral and presentation) skills, and advanced skills in substantive editing, copy editing and proofreading.
- Excellent judgement and political acuity to deal with highly visible, complex and politically sensitive issues.
- Experience providing strategic communications advice and crisis communications support in a high-profile and contentious environment.
- Ability to demonstrate strategic planning, project management, problem-solving, research and analytical skills to anticipate issues, analyze their impacts, and develop options and recommendations.
- Experience measuring and analyzing metrics and key indicators to evaluate and improve communications and outreach programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to lead teams, collaborate with colleagues, and build positive relationships with cross functional areas.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired through the completion of 4 years of University (Grade XII plus 4-5 years) in General Technical or Business degree or related field or by having the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Project or Program Management Professional (PMP, PgMP) and/or demonstrated familiarity with the PMI Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Any certification by the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineers International (AACE), with special emphasis on the Planning and Scheduling
- Minimum of 5 years' senior experience in a leadership role in communications, overseeing communications and outreach strategies, programs and products.
- Major EPC Project Scheduler: 5 years (Preferred)
- Primavera P6: 5 years (Preferred)
- Published on 05 Mar 2021, 7:59 PM