- Job no: 79N3Y
- Categories: Information Technology
Our Client who plays a vital role in Alberta's Energy Industry by ensuring public safety and the environment - and contributing to responsible, efficient and safe energy development. Has an immediate need for an Intermediate Project Manager for a five (5) month contract in Calgary, Alberta.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating the project team to achieve a high level of performance and quality. The PM will manage their projects for IT delivery methodology and engage/participate with the PM Center of Excellence.
Project Planning and Management
- Lead the project team with Business SME’s to define project deliverables, estimates and schedule; organize and lead project status and SCRUM meetings; prepare and distribute weekly status and issue reports; manage risks, issues, and highlight resource constraints; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning.
- Support the senior management in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and project governance.
- Ensures the core delivery team is working together towards project goals. Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and leading team members.
- Create and maintain project information (plans, scope, budget)
- Facilitate Sign off for key/critical documents.
- Provide updates to project governance, sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Track project KPI’s (Scope, schedule, budget and quality)
- Proven track record of working on medium to large enterprise projects which have involved integration with existing systems or custom development.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Recognized PMP Certification is preferred
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects.
- Experience implementing SaaS type solutions as well as custom developed solutions
- Experience working in agile type teams
- Experience working with third party vendors to implement enterprise wide solutions
- Experience working in financial accounting sector is preferred
- Fundamental understanding of Azure Cloud technology
- Fundamental understanding of Records Management
- Ability to manage business outcomes and stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups both technical and business.
- Excellent communication skills, pro-active problem solver and collaborative team player.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Able to work independently to deliver results while also working collaboratively within a technical team to delivery high quality work.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 06 Apr 2021, 3:34 PM