- Job no: 77QRK
- Categories: Operations
We are seeking a junior to intermediate procurement analyst to join our team. This is a contract opportunity with an end date of December 21st, 2021. This individual will work full time hours from home until the office in St. John’s re-opens. Business and Commerce graduates with placement/co-op experience in procurement are encouraged to apply.
- Plan purchases, defining supply terms and strategies
- Evaluate and compare vendors using cost-benefit analysis
- Negotiation of contracts
- Understand and communicate company needs to vendors
- Generate cost reports and present to stakeholders
- Work with various departments within and individuals outside of the organization
- Build and maintain relationships of the users and suppliers
- Undergraduate Degree (Business or Commerce preferred)
- CPP certification is an asset
- Certifications through purchasing Management Association of Canada an asset
- 1+ year experience in a procurement related role
- Knowledge of procurement principles and related laws
- Working knowledge of sales tax, customs procedures as well as duty and transportation options is an asset
- Knowledge of supply chain and inventory methodologies and general knowledge of underground mining, and concentrator processes is an asset
- Experience in Operational Readiness is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Creative problem solver and able to respond to various situations with appropriate urgency
- Detail oriented
- Excellent skills in MS Office
- Experience with Power BI
- Knowledge in SAP is an asset
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 31 Dec 2020, 7:57 PM