- Job no: 6NMBA
- Categories: Engineering
The Vale VBME CSU group is responsible for: pre-commissioning (S2) tasks required to verify equipment / component integrity; and cold commissioning (S3) tasks required to verify logic and controls will function as designed and Start-up of the equipment. The newly constructed process systems have been divided into commissionable sub-systems consisting on mechanical equipment, piping and electrical power & controls. The CSU Group will primarily consist of Lead(s), CSU Technicians, and CSU Technical Support. Each group is supplemented with a construction team, a controls team and an electrical team dedicated to the CSU group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Day to day duties and deliverables as follows:
- Responsible for implementation on a day to day basis of a strong health and safety culture in line with Vale’s Safety and Health and Environment management system.
- Review and provide input and support to the overall commissioning effort
- Provide leadership on the project in the execution of the construction completion process ensuring that systems are mechanically completed, turned over and fully commissioned, ready to operate as per requirements of the Systems Completions Specifications.
- Responsible for providing direction and support to the Commissioning and Start-up support trades contractor and operators (when applicable) so they can execute day to day Commissioning and Start-up activities.
- Work with Mechanical Completions and Turnover groups to ensure transfer of subsystems from contractors to the owner.
- Verify that the construction, pre-commissioning, commissioning and start up requirements S1,S2, S3 & S4 documentation completion as per the projects scope.
- Plan and direct the daily Commissioning and Start-up tasks and ensure their safe completion by monitoring and supporting trades and operator activities.
- Responsible to ensure the commissioning set-up, pre-testing, testing and process commissioning is efficiently executed to satisfy of commissioning objectives.
- Responsible to ensure the Start-up set-up, pre-testing, testing and operations is efficiently executed to satisfy of Start-up objectives.
- Participate in daily work scope and safety meetings, update planners on work completion or delays for schedule.
- Perform subsystem & PSSR walk-downs focusing on identifying deficiencies and turnover readiness.
- Responsible for ensuring punch items are categorized, completed and signed off.
- Review turn over documents.
- Review Commissioning and Start-up procedures and provided input as required.
- Execute Commissioning and Start-up tasks, coordinated work in the field and ensure it is carried out in accordance with written procedures with emphasis on Permit to Work and Lock Out/Tag Out guidelines.
- Field Level Testing/Validating/Adjusting equipment (Mechanical & Instrumentation);
- Trouble shoot and investigation of running equipment being operated by the CSU group.
- Completion of check sheets and related paperwork that facilitates turnover of a sub-system to the operating group.
- Provided support and participate with start-up activities.
- Review project documentation to ensure the CSU scope is aligned with the construction delivery scope.
- Review RFI and MoC logs to verify field changes made by construction are accurate and approved. · Communicate and work collaboratively with various project disciplines – including other CSU groups, CSU support groups, Vale project engineering, QA and construction disciplines.
Essential Skills / Qualifications & Assets: · The successful candidate must have one or more of the following:
- 8+ years of Commissioning / Start-up experience on large capital projects and industrial plant sites.
- 10+ years skilled trades professional with of extensive work experience on large industrial sites and
- 7+ years Combination of education, training and field experience such as Power Engineering Certificate or Experience as a Control Room Operator for an industrial process.
- 7+ years Supervision experience on large capital projects (Superintendent or equivalent) with demonstrated skills in planning, coordinating, and overseeing jobs in a prompt & cost effective manner
- Demonstrate proficiency in the understanding of isometrics and PID drawings.
- Previous field level experience in an operating plant.
- Previous field level leadership for field execution and testing experience on large projects.
- Previous experience on Vale led Commissioning efforts is seen as an asset.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use MS Excel & Outlook.
- Comfortable working in a team-based environment while possessing the ability to manage and prioritize day to day duties and deliverables.
Work Site and Schedule
- Position is based in Voisey’s Bay, the shift schedule is 2 weeks in 2weeks out, working 12hr days, for the 14days on site. The rotation / shift / schedule may change to meet the needs of the project execution effort. You may be expected to work from the St. John’s office from time to time.
The place of work will be Voisey’s Bay Siteas a fly in / fly out operation, all employees will be flown to/from designated pick up / drop off points in Newfoundland and Labrador on VNL’s chartered service to site at no cost to them.
On behalf of our client, Ian Martin recognizes the Impact & Benefits Agreements with the Innu Nation & the Nunatsiavut Government in which Innu & Innuit workers have first preference for employment at the Voisey’s Bay Site.
Candidates may also apply through their Aboriginal Employment Coordinator.
The Ian Martin Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline to Apply: Tuesday, September 22nd 2020
Please apply online https://www.livehire.com/job/ianmartin/6NMBA
Innu Nation members and Nunatsiavut beneficiaris can also apply through Vale’s Aboriginal Employment Coordinators.
Please ensure you include your full name, address, community and province when applying
- Published on 17 Sep 2020, 8:20 PM