Our healthcare client is currently hiring Buyer with experience in materials, buying/planning, previous experience in lean. This is a contract opportunity for 6 months in Madison, WI
Job Description Summary:
Recognized as key member of the Materials organization and acts as a first line of defense for the company with regards to planning, inventory optimization, and serves as a key contact to our suppliers. Buyer manages part procurement as well as part management and inventory for their parts. Requires skillset in MRP planning and other critical planning tools for procurement.
• Execute on-time materials planning, releases, material processes and systems, prepare and update production schedules and purchasing needs.
• Adhere to buyer standard work, including on-time purchasing, ECO/ECR management, and Inventory Management
• Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs.
• Optimize inventory and process improvements by actively looking at days-on-hand inventory and identifying ways to improve.
• Works together with cross-functional teams – in materials & production
• Drive key initiatives to improve planning and buying
• Works on cross functional teams
• Leads analytical and design activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
• Bachelor Degree from an accredited university or college or a high school diploma / GED and a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Materials Planning and Execution or Supply Chain experience, or GE Leadership Program employee or graduate.
• MBA or Master’s Degree
• 5 years of proven experience in Materials Planning and Execution
• Certified Black Belt
• Oracle knowledge and experience
• Lean Manufacturing Experience, including leading AWOs
• OMLP Graduate
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a Buyer, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.