- Job no: 6CR8K
- Categories: Operations
Our client, one of the largest energy suppliers in Canada has an immediate need for a Project Manager who will be responsible for the successful completion of medium to high risk and highly complex infrastructure or other construction projects by leading cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams through project activities so that projects are successfully completed safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
This is a 12-month contract located in Burnaby, British Columbia.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
- A minimum nine (9) years of project management experience or equivalent.
- Plan, direct, and report on infrastructure and other construction project activities by consistently monitoring project benefits, resources and status and creating documents such as project plans, action logs, communication plans, status reports and post implementation reviews so that the project is implemented as planned.
- Develop project plans and risk management plans for medium to high risk and highly complex infrastructure or other construction projects with a capital cost that is generally up to $50 million for effective management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Manage multiple activities effectively such as quality assurance, engineering, First Nations and stakeholder engagement, communication, regulatory approvals, procurement, planning and controls, construction management, pre-commissioning, employee relations, and safety by using project management principles in monitoring progress and establishing standards for implementation to keep the project within allotted time and budget.
- Complete project management activities including scoping, planning, managing, monitoring, and reporting on project tasks by using advanced skills in Microsoft Office as well as project management programs to fulfill client’s business needs.
- Maintain meaningful relationships with stakeholders including customers, engineers and field crews through regular communication using excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills enabling timely progression of projects.
- Establish standards for implementation and monitoring using excellent analytical skills and a comprehensive knowledge of project management practices and procedures to optimize project resources.
What you will need to succeed…
Education and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, Economics or related discipline.
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering, an asset.
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation, preferred.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken.
Additional Experience and Responsibilities:
- Operations/Maintenance project experience
- Previous experience in electrical or mechanical engineering preferred
- Must have demonstrated experience managing multiple capital projects concurrently (10-20 concurrent projects)
- Utility industry experience is an asset
- Candidates should be based in the Lower Mainland.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.