Our oil and gas client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire a Buyer for a 12 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
• Collect, analyze and interpret internal/external data from multiple sources for materials to inform decision making • Conduct effective management of suppliers including expediting, inspection, logistics coordination and invoice resolution process • Work with & support internal customers/users to understand their order and delivery requirements • Liaising with key stakeholders, including but not limited to; Project Managers, Construction Managers, Site coordinators, Cost Estimators and Engineering.
• Issue RFQ or RFI documents for time sensitive material • Update BOM’s, create/modify PO’s, approve shopping carts, retrieve MTR’s, expedite delivery on material, and manage the required inspections and logistics as required • Support Project team in the execution phase reviews of business unit lifecycle • Conduct negotiations with suppliers within the respective Business Unit for low spend and materials • Coordinate new program launch as assigned by business units to ensure 100% on time delivery within cost targets • Following up and maintain Parked and Blocked invoices • Coordinate with proper departments, supplier requests for deviations and BOM changes.
• Direct spend to preferred suppliers in order to maintain cost effective rates for the company • Ensure all the risk and liability requirements are met (pre-qualification, environmental health and safety, workers comp) • Respond to internal and external audit document requests • Assist in educating the business on company Supply Chain policies and procedures • Administer the ordering process and convert purchase/service requests into complete purchase/service order • Other duties as assigned by supervisor
What you will need to succeed…
Must Have Skills:
• • 2 year College Degree or equivalent experience • 2 1-3 years of Supply Chain experience • Sourcing: Individual can describe the sourcing process and key concepts including a general knowledge of materials or services • Contract (Creation, Implementation & Closure): Fundamental acumen in creation and implementation of contracts by drafting contracts for materials or services and performing contract administrative tasks • Buying – Materials or Services: Fundamental acumen in buying materials or service, including an understanding of the procurement process to obtain materials and services required by the business • Supplier Management: Individual can describe how to monitor and manage supplier relationships and performance • Stakeholder Management: Fundamental acumen in stakeholder management, including communicating and maintaining partnership relationships with internal stakeholders • General Technical: Fundamental systems acumen by utilizing applicable Supply Chain processes and systems
Nice to have:
• 4 year University Degree or 2 year College Degree • Knowledge of sourcing and evaluation processes including bid or proposal solicitation process and development, negotiation concepts & tactics and finalization of purchase/service order • Understanding of pricing models and mechanisms in Source-to-Contract and Purchase-to-Pay systems for transactions analysis • Advanced mathematical & analytical acumen (e.g. pricing, invoice discrepancies, and various related calculations) • Demonstrate understanding of financial analytical tools for the purpose of buying value, saving money and mitigation risk (e.g. Value Analysis, Cost Modeling, Spend Analysis, etc.) • Basic understanding of engineering concepts (field construction, hydraulics, mechanics of materials, etc.) • Understanding of contract law from a sourcing perspective • Knowledge of inventory strategies
Labor Category: Procurement/Supply Chain
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.