- Job no: 63DMR
- Categories: Information Technology
Our large IT client, is recognized by customers as Canada’s leading Telecommunication company.
We are looking for a Bilingual Lead Java Developer to support the team.
Duration: 12 months
Location: Verdun, Quebec, Canada
We are looking for an experienced Java Technical Lead for an agile development team specializing in the development of OPEN APIs. The candidate will be responsible for providing solutions and guidance, will facilitate requirement analysis, conduct peer reviews and provide meaningful feedback and be comfortable working in an open, dynamic, rapidly changing environment where collaboration is crucial.
Ideal candidate must be creative, willing to learn on his own, good organizational and leadership skills, and proficiency in Java technologies. work well in an Agile team environment; excellent communication and teamwork skills.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Degree in Engineering, Information Systems or related.
- Must have experience leading a team of developers.
- Excellent knowledge of Java technologies.
- Deep technical hands-on experience developing in REST/JSON or SOAP/XML.
- Experience as a developer of Red Hat Open Shift Container platform or Kubernetes and CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Test Driven Development, including writing and implementing automated unit, system, and integration tests.
- Good understanding of unit testing methodologies.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills (English and French)
- Excellent writing skills (English and French)
- Agile experience.
- Telecommunication background (Access Network in particular)
- Serve as technical expert on development projects.
- Will lead a team of developers.
- Performing requirement analyses.
- Write technical specs based on conceptual design and the vision of the customer
- Developing high quality and detailed designs.
- Using coding standards and best practices to ensure quality.
- Conducting unit testing using automated unit test frameworks.
- Identifying risk and conducting mitigation action planning.
- Reviewing the work of other developers and providing feedback.
- Familiarity with Agile (e.g., Scrum Process).
- Analyze code to find causes of errors and revise programs as needed.
- Consult with end-user to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs.
- The candidate must have the ability to work under minimal supervision, with wide latitude for independent judgment.
LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK? WE CAN HELP
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 08 Sep 2020, 1:48 PM