Our client, a specialized municipality located in the Heart of Alberta, has an immediate need for an Infrastructure Replacement & Desktop Support, this is a contract position for twelve (12) months. This role will be in Sherwood Park, Alberta.
What you will be doing...
Our client has an annual program for infrastructure lifecycle replacements, including but not limited to desktops, laptops, monitors, workstations, and other network component replacements. In this role you will deploy equipment per our procedures to various county locations.
You will address end-user support needs, including worksite support, as required, per documented standard operating procedures and internal practices. This includes troubleshooting and resolving end-user incidents (end-user hardware and software, mobile devices) and fulfilling service requests.
What you will need to thrive...
- Be customer focused
- Be experienced with remote working
- Be capable of independent work
- Be a Team player
- Be familiar with ITIL and related processes
- Be experienced with end-user device deployments
- Be proficient with technology overview in the Scope below
What you will need to succeed...
- Minimum of 3 years of directly related infrastructure IT experience
- Industry Experience / Technical Knowledge – good knowledge and understanding of:
- End-user device installations/replacements (desktops, laptops, mobile devices, peripherals, etc) and connectivity.
- Network operations and connectivity
- Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory, File/Print, Exchange, etc.,
- Remote access technologies, including Direct Access, Remote Desktop, ActiveSync, VPN.
- Organizational skills
- Proficient at managing time and multiple concurrent priorities
- Effective planning skills
- Proven interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; ability to maintain professional working relationships.
- Able to work and contribute as part of a successful team
- Customer Service Skills
- Communication Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Municipal Services
- Should have some understanding municipal services and structure.
Client requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination to access job site. Providing proof of vaccination is a condition of employment with Ian Martin” for this opportunity.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.