We are seeking a Power Platform Technician who will be working in the Lab on measuring and optimizing power and performance on the Latest platforms for a 12+ months contract assignment in Austin, TX.
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of electronic semiconductor products that meet a variety of needs within the Commercial, Home, Intelligence, and Advanced Technology computing industries.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On day to day basis, you will perform:
· Disassembling/Assembling netbooks & tablet systems
· Reworking fine pitch components and soldering fine pinch wiring for DAQs
· Setting up systems and reference systems with NI/Fluke DAQs
· Installing Win/Android OS and running benchmarks
· Summarizing, reporting, and tracking experiment results in Excel.
Qualifications you must possess:
· Knowledge of PC architecture
· Good fine pitch soldering skills
· Understanding of electrical circuits
· Experience working in a Iab environment testing hardware, installing OSs & drivers, and running benchmarks
· Experience with setting up NI HW & SW, a plus
· Able to work in cross group and matrixed environment
Applicants with associate degree & above will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.