Project Manager Infrastructure
- Full-time permanent position
- Prince George, British Columbia
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent professional development opportunity with a well-established company
Who are you?
You’re a Project Manager (Infrastructure), looking for an exciting opportunity to work on infrastructure projects, mentor, guide staff, and provide oversight using your expertise.
Who is the employer?
We’re Ian Martin Group, and we’ve partnered with our client, a Canadian drilling contractor specializing in geotechnical drilling, exploration drilling, environmental drilling, cone penetration services etc. When it comes to infrastructure projects, they use drilling services to investigate sub-surface ground characteristics for a wide range of infrastructure development requirements which could include investigation, feasibility, and upgrade investigations just to name a few.
Founded 25 years ago, they have supported domestic drilling programs throughout Western Canada including BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Yukon, NWT and Nunavut.
They are solutions minded and a collaborative group of professionals. With an environment that is built on respect, safety, diversification, innovation and one that encourages resourcefulness. They provide leading drilling services through the implementation of technically advanced equipment and skilled operators, consistently exceeding the expectations of their diverse client base.
What you’ll be doing
As the new Project Manager (Infrastructure), you’ll be responsible for the technical quality and implementation of all procedures completed by your team in addition to ensuring the appropriate training and technical support is available. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring that all members of their team, comply with all the company’s Human Resources (HR) and Health and Safety (H&S) policies, technical and administrative procedures, contractual obligations and regulatory requirements.
The role also has responsibility for developing business relationships and increasing profitable sales revenue for the company. You’ll be accountable for ensuring project appropriate resources, budgets and support requirements are available and/or in line with the company’s goals.
You will work primarily from the Prince George office, with 50% travel to the field as required to provide supervision and when managing active projects.
- Confirms that all work completed are in accordance with company protocols and procedures, including H&S requirements, proposal and project openings, contracts are in place (client contract, sub-contractors, sub consultants etc.), timesheets complete, financial updates, budget maintenance, closing the project, technical protocols, etc
- Communicates sales opportunities above set threshold values in a timely manner to Senior Management
- Provides costs and program estimates for projects presented / obtained and follows cost estimation procedures in line with company policy
- When appropriate develops a project plan for approval by the President and manages the project performance
- Secures acceptance and approval of deliverables and budget from the client and maintains the status of all projects for the drill rigs the companies web-based schedule
- Ensures appropriate on going and respectful communication with administrative departments (i.e. Sustainability, Support Services, Finance) for defined expectations/timelines
- Ensures all Team members complete all their project administrative requirements on time and documentation is sent to the appropriate department for filing or follow up (i.e. time sheets, H&S training, daily paperwork, etc.)
- Provide assistance to other PM’s with their projects as and when required, by way of coverage during periods of absence
- Administer discipline and subsequent appropriate disciplinary action as required to Team members for negligence or disregard for company policy/procedure
- Mentors and coaches all Team leaders reporting to them or Team members working on their projects, as required, in the development of the Team members career and identifies appropriate opportunities for work experience and training
- Confirms Team leaders and their Team members complete and document the appropriate valid technical sign offs, H&S certificates etc. prior to completing works
This is a full-time, permanent position located in Prince George, BC. You’ll work primarily from the Prince George office, with 50% travel to the field as required to provide supervision and when managing active projects. The role offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience. You’ll also receive a benefits package, bonus, vacation, and RRSP plan.
- 5+ years of experience in project management (preferably in drilling/infrastructure/mining projects.)
- 5+ years of proven leadership supervising projects and project teams
- Strong interest in project management, business development and client relations
- Proven ability to meet client targets safely and on time
- Strong health and safety consciousness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Strong understanding of project management including deadlines and budgets
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, organize, problem solve and prioritize work
- Comfortable working in a variety of environments, including local and remote construction sites
- Ability to coach, train and manage staff
- Ability to travel to support projects and business development as required
- Completion of a post-secondary program in Civil, Geological or Environmental Engineering
And here’s what would be an asset:
- Graduate degree (Masters or higher)
- PMP Certification
- P. Eng in BC or Alberta
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.