- Job no: 4HKRM
- Category: Administrative
Our Client, one of North America's leading energy infrastructure companies with operations in natural gas, oil and power industries throughout Canada, the United States, and Mexico has an immediate need for an Administrative Assistant. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Vancouver British Columbia.
The Administrative Assistant in this role will support the Indigenous Relations, Regulatory and Strategy Business unit with receptionist administrative duties
- Responsibilities of the receptionist/administrative assistant include general duties such as:
- Front desk reception to the Vancouver office, greet and assist visitors
- Manage and respond to public inquiries, handle all incoming calls and inquiries
- Check the mail, send and receive couriers, manage team correspondence
- Monitor the use of equipment and supplies.
- Order office supplies as needed
- Liaise with building management/facilities manager (security access/maintenance schedules/building requests)
- Provide administrative support as needed- completing expense reports, timesheets, meeting notes, etc.
- Perform cross-functional training and back up support to team members
- Assist in the planning and preparation of conferences, meetings, etc. (Scheduling/ordering catering/ensuring meeting room is tidy)
- Manage team requests for travel
- Manage and maintain confidential information
- 2 years of experience in an administrative role
- Post-Secondary Education
- Experience with Front desk reception greeting and assisting visitors
- Experience with assisting in the planning and preparation of conferences, meetings, etc. (Scheduling/ordering catering/ensuring meeting room is tidy)
- Experience completing expense reports, timesheets, meeting notes, etc.
- Proven team player with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships
- Proven systems thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and able to apply these competencies to business challenges
- Flexible and resilient to adapt to multiple demands, shifting priorities and changing business conditions
- Intermediate experience with Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint, StakeTracker, SAP and other software used by the business
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Closed 13 hours ago - 01 Oct 2022