Lead Front End React Developer
- Greater Toronto Area or Greater Hamilton Area
- Full-time permanent position
- Competitive salary range plus benefits
- Opportunity to work with an innovative company, working to revolutionize the automotive retail industry
Who are you?
You’re a senior level Front End Developer, looking for a new challenge that you can get excited about. You’re looking for a leadership opportunity and want to work with a team who will consider you a mentor and coach, and look to you for guidance, advice, and best practices.
You’d love to work somewhere where you can express your opinions about best practices in code, guide architectural decisions, and where you can demonstrate your confidence and experience in ReactJS and NextJS.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you.
Who is the employer?
The Ian Martin Group has partnered with our client, a software company on a mission to provide the automotive industry with an effective, innovative alternative to physical auctions as a method to buy and sell vehicles. They have been writing software for the automotive industry for the better part of two decades now and have a lot of in-house knowledge to share.
They are a team of talented, passionate people, with a flexible, nimble and casual culture. And now they’re looking for you: their new Lead Front End Developer.
What you’ll be doing
As the new Lead Front End Developer, beyond writing robust code, you will be responsible for providing leadership and guidance on all things front end. You’ll be part of an agile, mature, and knowledgeable development team.
Practically speaking, you will also:
- Be responsible for participating in code reviews, offering constructive criticisms and suggestions
- Create and present prototypes and mock-ups for new features, and respond to feedback about changes
- Make architectural decisions on the front end
- Take initiative to offer suggestions on ways to improve features
- Share opinions about best practices constructively, while also listening and learning from others on the team
- Offer a good eye for design and be seen as a go to person for design questions
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, senior-level developer looking for a leadership opportunity. This position will not have any direct reports but will play a lead role on the team as a coach and mentor to team members.
You take pride in your ability to not only deliver solid-front end code, but also your ability to adjust and adapt based on feedback and contribute to a healthy and productive work environment. You have an entrepreneurial spirt, with a willingness to share ideas and an attention to detail that allows you to prevent potential issues from becoming real problems.
This is a full-time permanent position. The Canadian head office is based in Burlington, so ideally you’ll live close enough to be able to come into the office about once per week, with the rest of the time working remotely (their team is still working fully remotely for now). For the right candidate, a fully remote position may be possible.
This position offers a competitive annual salary, excellent benefits, and a highly flexible work environment.
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated experience as a front-end developer, with minimum of 3+ years of experience with ReactJS and NextJS
- Previous leadership experience (formally, i.e., as a team lead, or informally as a mentor/coach)
- Demonstrated ability to build a project from scratch
- Experience doing code reviews and security testing
- An eye for design and all things visual
And here’s what else would make you stand out:
- Experience with any of the following: PostgreSQL; C#; AWS - Kubernetes, S3, EC2, RDS,; ElastiCache; MediatRl; RabbitMQ; Elasticsearch
- Experience working with SignalR and restful services to give the user a great experience
- Being comfortable using git
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards.