Quality Specialist II-III
Under broad supervision, this position is responsible for performing inspections or surveillances and support audits and site processes and activities to ensure that appropriate controls have been defined and implemented to meet customer, regulatory requirements. Incumbents must be familiar with a variety of concepts, practices and
procedures and rely on a variety of experiences and judgment to accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks and may lead/direct others.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Plans, schedules and conducts independent inspections or surveillances of materials and products.
2. Reviews documents, prepares checklists, conducts assessment interviews and prepares assessment reports. Ensures and documents that corrective actions are taken based on report findings.
3. Reviews QA procedures to verify compliance with ASME, IEEE and ISO Standards.
4. Maintains knowledge and understanding of NRC or other pertinent regulations and industry codes and standards.
5. Develops and implements nuclear and/or non-nuclear quality assurance procedures to be followed for design,
6. procurement, construction and/or operation of materials and/or processes.
7. Reviews quality assurance specifications, test reports and other documentation to ensure that safety and quality assurance requirements are met.
8. Inspects and reviews contractors' and vendors' work for compliance with QA standards .
9. Routinely interfaces with customers, both internal and external to AREVA to develop processes solve issues and improve performance.
10. Routinely acts as the Lead QA/QC representative for support of projects at AREVA, supplier or customer facilities.
Quality Spec III - Bachelors degree plus 4+ years of nuclear quality assurance experience or AS plus 6+ years of nuclear quality assurance experience or HS plus 8+ years of nuclear quality assurance experience. An advanced degree (MS or MBA) may substitute for 1-2 years of related work experience. Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.