Job Responsibilities/ Description:
A successful candidate must be comfortable working in fast moving and complex enterprise environments. The Cloud Operations and Design team focuses on ensuring availability of the AER Cloud environment deployed in Microsoft Azure and completing deployments of complex solutions into the environment. This environment includes but is not limited to servers (IaaS), DBaaS, functions, containers, messaging, and integration technologies, HPC solutions, App Service, AI/ML, DevOps technologies, and storage.
• The Azure Cloud Analyst will report to the Manager, Cloud Design & Operations and will be tasked with assisting in the design, implementation, management, and support of the Azure environment. The candidate will contribute to the development and maturity of the Azure environment and help to support existing deployments. A strong focus will be placed on cloud lifecycle management, automation, industry best-practices, and ensuring the security and protection of data in the cloud environment.
Skills – REQUIRED:
• Customer focused and strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, to exert a positive influence and work collaboratively with IT and business teams.
• Demonstrated knowledge/familiarity in the following areas:
o Microsoft Azure cloud administration and deployment
o Operating Systems including Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, RHEL, and Ubuntu Linux
o Experience with managing Azure IaaS technologies including VM’s, VM Scale Sets, and Networking
o Experience working with PowerShell and other scripting languages
o Experience building and deploying complex ARM templates
o Experience migrating servers and applications to the cloud with technologies such as Azure Site Recovery
• Preferred knowledge/familiarity in the following areas:
o Experience with Azure DevOps including Azure Pipelines
Skills – RECOMMENDED:
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Ensure optimal performance, reliability, availability and security of the company’s data by continuously monitoring the Azure environment with close attention to costing and performance.
• Implement solutions in Azure following designs provided by AER cloud architects
• Participate in Change Management meeting and processes.
• Provide technical support, issue diagnosis and troubleshooting to internal teams and other stakeholders.
• Increase the agility and reduce manual effort through the use of automation.
• Apply DevOps practices to assist in building IaC capabilities.
• Migrate on-premises servers and applications to the cloud
• Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent education and 5 years’ experience in IT support positions.
• Microsoft Azure certification (Microsoft Azure Administrator)
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to work with minimum supervision.