- Full-time, permanent
- Located within the municipality of Chatham-Kent, Ontario
- Competitive base salary
- Work for a great company with an excellent work culture, committed to employee development and growth
There’s a moment when all the pieces of a jigsaw puzzle finally fit together, and the picture becomes perfectly clear. You love tinkering with systems until disorder is solved, and the details are perfected.
Who is the employer?
We’re Ian Martin Group, and we’ve partnered with our client, a well-established growing, tier II automotive/construction supplier. They are committed to providing the very best parts to their clients and provide a safe and positive workplace for their employees. Dedication, commitment, safety, efficiency, and quality are the hallmarks of their ongoing success.
What you’ll be doing
As the new Production Manager, you will report to the General Manager and be responsible for the Production Shift Supervisors. You’ll allocate people and machine resources to meet production demands in the most efficient way possible. Managing all elements of daily operations, including the shipping/receiving area. Above all else, you will motivate others and express enthusiasm while promoting teamwork and safety.
Specifically, you will:
- Managing all components of the daily production operation, including shipping/receiving area
- Training of all production operators and painters
- Oversee Production and manpower scheduling
- Maintaining product quality
- Responsible for health and safety of employees
- Work with management team to address quality/productivity/safety and other related issues
- Participate in quoting system (beginning/middle/end)
- Lead and support continuous improvement efforts
- Evaluate production process and make necessary changes to production documents to reflect process improvements
- Productivity (using target goals, adjust workload to optimize throughput)
- Provide Senior Management with cost savings ideas, if/when approved be able to implement the process and follow through
- Attend Management meetings as needed
- Work closely with Senior Management to improve processes
Beyond your technical knowledge and experience, you’ll be counted on for your:
- Mentorship – you’ll coach production supervisors, passing on your knowledge and helping them reach their potential.
- Analysis – you’ll continually examine the processes and elements that make up our operation to find new efficiencies.
- Communication skills – you bring clarity to complex situations and adjust your style and approach to suit your audience.
This is a full-time, permanent position located in the Chatham-Kent region of Ontario. Working out of the facility Monday to Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm with the potential for the odd Saturday shift. The role offers a competitive base salary, you’ll also receive the option of contributing to an RRSP matching plan (eligible after 3 months), and the ability to opt into an employee-funded benefits plan.
- 1+ years management experience or 3 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing or similar environment
- Strong knowledge of Health and Safety, WSIB and government regulations
- Microsoft Office and Outlook experience
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently and as a leader
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Critical thinker who is process/results focused
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others
- Previous experience working as a Production Manager in an automotive and/or paint process manufacturing environment is considered an asset
- Grade 12 or equivalent or Post-Secondary Education in Management or related field
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards!