Our banking client is currently hiring Accounting Manager in Jersey City, NJ. This is a contract opportunity for a duration of 9 months and can be work from home, and then possibly office, depending on the return to office schedule under COVID.
· SEC 31 fees – evaluate how to substantiate the invoice for SEC 31 fees and build transparency to the BPS accrual; involve Ops IT as needed.
· Deferred Comp Hedges – evaluate what is needed to ensure the deferred comp swap trade tickets from seamlessly from back-office systems to eGL; currently there are manual workarounds which were raised by Finra as an issue.
· TBA manual entry – automate the entry booking – analyze what is required for the entry to be automated and propose solution
· NBCs – assist in analyzing new products and in writing US GAAP and IFRS accounting memos as needed
· Assist the ADs in documenting new processes and procedures at transition to GPE
· Assist in the BS and PL close process, including preparing and posting JEs
· Ad-hoc projects
The consultant would be expected to work on the following:
• Lead the SEC31 accrual research – data mining, discussions with other teams, including Tecbac and Ops IT
• Lead a research for requirements for bringing the deferred comp tickets into a system; these are currently maintained and tracked in an off line excel spreadsheet
• Support the director in accounting research and writing memos as required; these can be driven by on-going NBC assessments or ad-hoc accounting queries
• Be able to assist the other 3 teams with month end close related responsibilities, i.e. perform reconciliations, research breaks, book entries.
• Analytical mindset
• Advanced Excel skills
• Previous experience in data mining and analysis of large data sets
• Being able to work collaboratively across functions, including Tecbac, Ops IT, Finance IT, PC
• Understanding and being able to research and interpret GAAP/IFRS accounting standards, and good memo writing skills
• Ability to identify issues and present / implement solutions
· Understanding of a broker dealer financial statements and operations
· CPA license
· Series 99 or 27 – nice to have
· Knowledge of Broadridge sub-ledger system.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you're an Accounting Manager, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.