- Job no: 3RA76
- Categories: Information Technology
Our client, a market leading financial institution, has an immediate need for a Scrum Master. This is a contract position for six (6) months located in Calgary, Alberta.
Collaborate with product owners and development leads to shape the backlog of work across the project
- Lead the effort to estimate the overall project scope and align it to teams actual throughput to deliver within the agreed upon schedule
- Evaluate current prioritization to ensure work maximizes the ability to migrate users, employing additional prioritization techniques if necessary
- Facilitate project level events to ensure flow across teams eg: steering, long term planning and forecasting, and cross team stand ups
- Facilitate squad level events including but not limited to daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo (with the Product Owner), and retrospective meetings as needed.
- Lead the effort to track progress of the project against required backlog items, updating forecasts as required
- Facilitate the identification and resolution of risks, blockers, and impediments at the project level
- Collaborate with teams and leaders to review improvement to the overall system of delivery, removing bottlenecks and improving flow of value
- Lead the effort to represent progress, risk, impediments to key stakeholders (through steerco and other means) and facilitate decision making as required to maintain progress across the project
- Embrace change, influence and coach team members on agile principles and practices
- Collaborate with other Scrum Masters to facilitate increasing maturity and effectiveness in the application of Agile principles across the organization.
- 5+ years experience in an Agile environment
- Practical experience with any of the key disciplines required in agile delivery – such as software development, product management, quality assurance, or business (system) analysis
- Experience applying agile management frameworks and well documented agile techniques (Story Mapping, User Story Writing, Acceptance Test Driven Development, Continuous testing, Continuous Integration/Deployment, etc.)
- 3+ years experience as a Scrum Master or coach – where Scrum principles, practices and theory were diligently applied
- 5+ years working on medium-to-high complexity initiatives that span the organization
- Demonstrated experience being collaborative, team oriented and are comfortable managing relationships across the organization in a wide range of roles and at differing levels across the organization
- A passion for agile delivery and the ability to influence pragmatic change while enabling high performance delivery
- Possesses working knowledge of contemporary agile project management tools such as Jira , Rally, Kanbanize, LeanKit, VersionOne or equivalent
- An understanding of the basic fundamentals of solution delivery (SDLC), including both product management and operational needs
- Strong experience in communicating complex information and concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive management to support decision making (written and verbal)
- Experience in agile visualization toolsets (Miro, Stories onboard, etc.)
- Professional Scrum Master / Agile Practitioner designation would be an asset
- Financial Services knowledge is considered an asset
- Knowledge of agile delivery in any of the following areas:
- Data and Artificial Intelligence
- Digital Delivery
- Intelligent Process Automation
If you're a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Published on 10 Jun 2021, 6:20 PM